Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2011 Nissan Juke SV.
The ABS kicks in randomly, in other words I'll be driving down the road and it will act like I'm on ice when I hit the brakes pushing back on the brake pedal and making the anti lock hum.
I started simple and worked my way up to to completely replacing the front the front caliper's brake pads rotors and sensors. We also changed the rear brake pads and rotors. Now we have changed the tires and rims to brand new. This is over multiple weeks of of trial-and-error basically replacing things and hoping to fix the problem problem to the best of my knowledge starting with the sensors and ending with the tires and alignment. So basically everything in the brake system is new.
Things looked really good on the way back from getting the new tires and rims all lights were off things seemed well until we got 5 miles from the house and it started doing the ABS Symptom again. I'm at a loss I have no idea what to change next I don't feel like there's anything left to change. PLEASE HELP

·
Vendor
983 Posts
Have you connected a scanner to it and monitored the ABS sensors themselves to see how they are behaving?

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Any codes ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not. I replaced them once with cheap ones(sensors) that I got online because the oem were so expensive. When it didn't remedy the problem I went ahead and replaced them with the expensive ones. So I really didn't think of monitoring them being they were new. I'll try that tonight and give updates.
Thank you both

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
As mentioned, check the ABS or wheel speed sensor with a high quality scan tool that can show live data. Sounds like an ABS tone ring (speed sensor ring with teeth) might be broken or missing teeth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts