Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having some issues bleeding my brake system after rear right side caliper replacement. Does any one know if the Juke ABS needs to be bled by the Dealership? Per the Juke Factory Service Manual the ABS actuator and Control unit need to be disconnected, either from the harness or pulling the negative battery terminal. Then bleed as normal in the following order, Rear Right -> Front Left -> Rear Left -> Front Right. Repeat as needed.

Either I let in lots of air in the 30 to 60 seconds i had the line off when installing the new caliper or im missing something in the procedure. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
Not sure. Maybe someone that has replaced a brake line or similar can chime in.

What is the issue tho ?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have changed many a pad/caliper/rotor on different cars and honestly, I've NEVER 'bled' the brakes like they describe.
<I hold no liablitity if you die or anything happens because you took my suggestions>
1: Easiest for me is just have someone slightly press the brake pedal till it oozes then close the bleeder valve.
2: By yourself, open the bleeder valve with the reservoir top off and wait till it drips.
DONE!

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. get a second person or a really really long screw to push down the brake pedal or a trust worthy mighty vacuum bleeding pump from auto zone, orellys, or hardware store. If your bleeding it the manual way by gravity it will take you forever. Hope you found the solution

1 - 4 of 4 Posts