Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, not sure if the right place to post but my mum has just bought a 2015 model and she's only 5ft and finds it quite hard to reach up and shut the boot. In her last car (Honda CRV) it had a bar handle so she was able to loop a strap around it and pull on that to close it every time. The Juke doesn't have a bar, just an indented handle. Does anyone know of a mod or something we could do to make life easier for her. She has two dogs so she uses it daily and really don't want her putting them on the back seats which is what she's thinking of doing now!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Maybe a short pry bar type object to move the door down. Then she could set it inside the lift gate before she latches it.

A strap screwed to the door would get caught in the gasket as the lift gate closes
Good call I was actually going to say screw a strap on (heh) but you're right. Maybe if it was a stiffer rubber that was more bent in towards the car.

You sure your mom is 5ft though op lol? I'm 6ft and my arm can extend nearly 2ft past the tailgate handle if I reach up.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
You will actually want a longer rope type thing to be attached to the hatch. Then close it most of the way and then toss it under and then close the hatch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts