Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I've been searching through the site and I haven't found any in depth information about the oil blowby from the pvc system lots of info saying its normal but i recently had a check engine light come on for the temp between MAF and Boost sensor not matching P011C cleaned both sensors and the light went away for a day. When i pulled the boost sensor it was covered in oil and looking through the hole it was in into the pipe I noticed a lot of oil in there. I am nearing 130,000 mi in my 2014 Nismo RS should i be worried about the turbo or my valves? is it to late to add an OCC? how do I clean that pipe and most likely the intercooler as well? BTW car is mostly stock it has the K&N SRI and some aftermarket catback exhaust. As far as i know thats all thats ever been done to it but im not the original owner i bought it used about 3 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
It’s never too late to add an OCC, but you have to remain vigilant in checking and draining them. Like every oil change or sooner.

the entire intake tract from the turbo to the intake manifold can be removed from the top of the engine and cleaned. The intercooler requires pulling off the front bumper and upper or lower radiator support to pop it out.

Reactions: EthanV1223

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
It is normal to have oil in the system. Excessive oil not so much.

Replace the PCV valve.. Clean the sensors again.

Chances are your turbo seals are going if there is that much oil in the system over such a short time.

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up a new PCV valve today and will be changing it soon. Hoping the Turbo seals are ok but i have been going through 2 quarts a month or roughly 1500 mi. I deliver pizzas with this car and average around 500mi a week.

If the seals are going out would it be possible and or easier to rebuild the turbo or would it have to be replaced.

Also any links to a recommended OCC? been looking at the 2JR one but haven't really seen other options.

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
Also any links to a recommended OCC? been looking at the 2JR one but haven't really seen other options.
I used to run the dual OCC from Saikou Michi. High quality. the dual kit is listed as S1-JK-Combo Kit on the website. Oil Catch Can Tanks

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Picked up a new PCV valve today and will be changing it soon. Hoping the Turbo seals are ok but i have been going through 2 quarts a month or roughly 1500 mi. I deliver pizzas with this car and average around 500mi a week.

If the seals are going out would it be possible and or easier to rebuild the turbo or would it have to be replaced.

It would be best to replace the turbo and urbo oil feed line before you chance running low on oil etc and hurting the Juke. 130k on a RS. RS tend o be driven harder so its a logical thing to do.

I would also check the spark plugs and the valve cover gasket.

As far as telling if the seals are bad. I would take of the pipe coming off the turbo. You will need a replacement seal but that pipe will give you an idea of how much oil is coming out of the turbo.

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be best to replace the turbo and urbo oil feed line before you chance running low on oil etc and hurting the Juke. 130k on a RS. RS tend o be driven harder so its a logical thing to do.

I would also check the spark plugs and the valve cover gasket.

As far as telling if the seals are bad. I would take of the pipe coming off the turbo. You will need a replacement seal but that pipe will give you an idea of how much oil is coming out of the turbo.
Are you talking about the pipe that connects from the top of the turbo and goes to the intercooler? Because I have to take that off to get to the PCV valve and the spark plugs anyway the only reason I didn't do it today is actually because I'm waiting for that seal to come in. I did remove the top of the rubber portion of that and it had some oil in there but not a lot no where near the amount i would expect however I haven't owned a turbo car before this one so I'm not exactly sure what's normal or not... Anyway the seal will be here on Friday so my next day off after that ill be doing all of that and ill let you know what I see maybe ill try to take some pictures if I don't forget.

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Yes that pipe. You will expect a film of oil but not dripping.

I would still pull the plugs and see what they are like. If you are burning that much oil. The plugs will tell you.

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the delay in the update but the turbo seals seem to be just fine the pipe had a slight film but was mostly clean. However the PCV valve was completely shot as expected. I still have the Service engine light because I'm waiting for some MAF cleaner to come in every local auto parts store has been out for months. It is already running much better with some new spark plugs, fresh oil in both the motor and trans, and a freshly cleaned K&N air filter.

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Sorry for the delay in the update but the turbo seals seem to be just fine the pipe had a slight film but was mostly clean. However the PCV valve was completely shot as expected. I still have the Service engine light because I'm waiting for some MAF cleaner to come in every local auto parts store has been out for months. It is already running much better with some new spark plugs, fresh oil in both the motor and trans, and a freshly cleaned K&N air filter.
That is awesome news.

Clean both measuring devices again. MAF and MAP. Hopefully you are in the clear and not going to need to spend big buck.

If you can. Replace that turbo oil feed line.

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got some MAF cleaner and looks like I'll be buying new sensors in the near future.

If you can. Replace that turbo oil feed line.
how difficult is this process? And is there an aftermarket one that doesn't have the same problems as the OEM?

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Oil feed line? Difficult. 2.5-3 hours average. Search the forum for threads on it and also check out fast religions video's on the installation of his aftermarket line.

I did one and it was nasty. The bolts were rusted useless on the turbo heat shield, so I had to bend it out of the way. That wasn't the hardest part. That was bending out the primary cat heat shield enough to get the wrench on the lower bolt. Getting the new one on after was a chore too. After all that, I tested my old line and it flowed fine. 70,000 miles.

• Wow

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts