Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have searched and read through a few posts asking this same question but no one ever posted an answer. Where is the blower motor resistor and how do you access it? The FSM pics are mildly helpful, but there's nothing to really reference once the HVAC control panel is out. I have both lower kick panels off also but I don't see any plugs that look even remotely similar to the receptacle on the brand new resistor.

TLDR: if you have actually changed out the blower motor resistor, how did you get to it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update, the FSM says to remove the instrument panel, then the resistor/transistor. IP is out, but there still isn't clearance between the hvac box and steering column/dash support to actually remove the resistor/transistor. On to removing that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just finally finished the job. Whole dash has to come out and the some extra bits of plastic on the hvac box have to be trimmed. The alternate route is to remove the dash bar, which requires removing the cowl and cowl extension. Removing that bar would make this a simple and painless process, but removing the cowl requires having the wipers in the service position and replacing the EPT seal.

All said and done, this took about 8 hours of hands on time. I don't recommend most folks trying it.

·
Administrator
12,520 Posts
Just finally finished the job. Whole dash has to come out and the some extra bits of plastic on the hvac box have to be trimmed. The alternate route is to remove the dash bar, which requires removing the cowl and cowl extension. Removing that bar would make this a simple and painless process, but removing the cowl requires having the wipers in the service position and replacing the EPT seal.

All said and done, this took about 8 hours of hands on time. I don't recommend most folks trying it.
Oh man. That's not a fun job. Glad it is all done. Thanks for the report back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts