Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
that must be the metallic black. the US is getting the sapphire black, I believe.

Either way, I think the black complements the "aggressive" stance well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cross-posting from another forum, I took these pics from a recent test drive we had

Starting with the negatives to end on the positives ;)

Bad Points:
1) Notchy gear change
2) Cabin felt smaller than our Mazda 2
3) Suspension 'crashes' over bumps, which was a little surprising. on our test drive route was a train crossing and for the type of car it feels a little stiff, I expected it to glide over bumps etc. I would put the suspension on par with my new MINI (Cooper-S) suspension in terms of harshness. This might be a combination of the big wheels as well tho.
4) Little thing but, button for dashboard computer (live mpg/miles to empty, odometer etc) is awkward to press when moving as it's next to the reset odometer right in the middle of the instrument cluster
5) Didn't get on with the cloth seats, the centre bit looks like it'll wear quickly and the shoulders felt really coarse, glad to be getting the leather!

Good points:

1) Finally got to drive one! ;) Love the look even more in the flesh
2) The car as a whole felt very solid, doors closed with a 'thunk', everything felt well put together
3) The engine was nice and smooth and provided enough power to lug the Juke around. It felt quite a bit quicker than our current 1.3. We are used to driving small engines though!
4) The Nissan Connect system was flawless, sat nav was intuitive to use and got us back to the dealership ;) The reverse camera is very neat, you'll need to get used to the angle as it's got a wide angle 180 degree lens, will take a few tries to get accustomed to it. We used it like another mirror, I'd advise NOT using it solely! :)
5) Instrument computer has outside temp! didn't think it had this ;)
6) I-CON computer, this is so awesome! I love gadgets and loved the g- meter thing, we got it up to +2 bars when braking :D. It cleans up the centre console so its not a MASS of buttons and then you have that lovely sleek centre console, the one we test drove had the gunmetal interior which was nice and plain, we're looking forward to the red tho! :)
7) You can see the headlights from the interior (or at least I can @ 6ft 2") means you know how long the bonnet is.
8) Loved it in the black colour, it felt understated and yet different at the same time. I thought the dark colour would hide all the shapes of the Juke but the light reflects off the shoulders nicely highlighting them.

So we're keeping our pre-order and we're excited as ever for the 2nd of october! If I'm honest, I can see why some people have cancelled their pre-order after test driving one, but then I remind my self that this isn't an expensive executive car so we will learn to live with its faults! :)

So on to some pics :)

Just across the road these are waiting... If you want to test drive the JUKE & MINI back to back, can't think of a better place.

·
Registered
221 Posts

The black looks pretty awesome....

Nice pics :)
I have always liked black because when you see pics usually the car is impecably clean... but I never got a black car for the same reason.

The nice thing about the black paint is that all the other trim pieces (skirt, wheel arches, rear door handle area), also black, seem to melt away. Very sleek I think.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
If I'm honest, I can see why some people have cancelled their pre-order after test driving one, but then I remind my self that this isn't an expensive executive car so we will learn to live with its faults! :)
I can't imagine why. People shouldn't expect a sports car, or a luxury car out of this--it's neither of those things. We need to be realistic and know that this is a fairly inexpensive, sporty FOR THE SEGMENT vehicle.

I think most of the negatives will be taken care of for me by getting the fully loaded CVT/AWD version with leather seats.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow, this is the second time I posted a thread to have the person behind the info step forward and be a member of this form.

This just shows how influential this website truly is.

The reason I all of a sudden recognized black as a nice color choice was b/c of the picture quality and possibly darker window. I was initially turned off by black when I saw a youtube video (below) from Japan that made it look really cheap..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE6EXgdClek

Thanks for the test drive review, I'm not sure if I'm going with the leather or not but my guess is that maybe the suspension is stiff because of its competition with Mini in the U.K. UK/Europe get their Juke's from the UK whereas mine will come from Nippon. Not sure if the suspension will be different, maybe???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics and your thoughts. It does look great in those pics...makes me like it even more. It's a sporty suspension right so it will feel stiff...I find you either like a sporty ride or a smooth gliding ride. I prefer the sporty myself and that is why I have always purchased Mazda's...but the CX 7 is a good combo of smooth and sporty...I miss that vehicle...had to give it up unfortunately 2 years ago. Looking forward to driving the JUkE and seeing how it performs because I sure like the styling!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
My grey car looks *ok* when it is dirty. Much better than my black car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had a black car before, I know its a nightmare to keep clean, the condition on getting the Juke is that my wife cleans it every weekend... we'll see how that pans out ;)

My old Seat Altea in the metalic grey colour they did never looked dirty, our current car a Green Mazda 2 also doesn't show the dirt that much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow thanks for the pics & info - I'm so excited about this car... is it the only car that you have to carry around who I assume is your daughter? Just wondering if this is a one-kid familiy-friendly car or should I go with a Rogue instead...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks valy ;) not too long till yours surely!?

@chienpourri, yup thats our daughter in the back, we're a 1 child family and the Juke is plenty big enough for us. We have just the one car, it's probably even big enough for a family of 4, bigger than our Mazda 2 was anyhow!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts