Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 AWD Nissan Juke Nismo RS, Yakima roof rack
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I am needing to get some new tire on and was wondering what the best tire for going into winter would be? We don’t get pretty much any snow where we live and it does not get very cold most of the time. I’m wanting a tire that still handles well but can stand the cold temps better than a most summer tires.

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Just get a good brand name all season. I heavily support BFG or Michelin tires.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I just moved back to North Carolina from from Florida and I have been eyeballing the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires.

I would recommend BFG summer/performance tires, but I've had a set of Comp-2 A/S and they haven't performed very well for me over the second half of their lifespan. The tread is reaching end of life now and I wouldn't get them again. Hydroplaning in wet in Florida was horrible.

·
Registered
2014 AWD Nissan Juke Nismo RS, Yakima roof rack
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just moved back to North Carolina from from Florida and I have been eyeballing the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires. I would recommend BFG summer/performance tires, but I've had a set of Comp-2 A/S and they haven't performed very well for me over the second half of their lifespan. The tread is reaching end of life now and I wouldn't get them again. Hydroplaning in wet in Florida was horrible.
I went ahead and got a set of summit ultraMax all-seasons. Heard good things about them

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
I just moved back to North Carolina from from Florida and I have been eyeballing the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires.

I would recommend BFG summer/performance tires, but I've had a set of Comp-2 A/S and they haven't performed very well for me over the second half of their lifespan. The tread is reaching end of life now and I wouldn't get them again. Hydroplaning in wet in Florida was horrible.
I just bought a set of the CrossClimate 2 for my Mazda CX-9. I'll find out in a month or two (or sooner like this weekend) when we get snow how they do. Two independent tire shops I spoke with recommend them, but that could also just be really aggressive Michelin distributors speaking...

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
Michelin PILOT® SPORT ALL SEASON 4 are supposedly the best.

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts