Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
My motto is the louder the better. I absolutely love loud obnoxious cars so- with that being said…
Any recommendations on an exhaust system that will drastically enhance the sound of my Juke? I have a stock exhaust and no mods on her… for now.
I am by no means rich so budget is around $600 no more than $1000.
She’s a FWD 2016 SL

I’m still newish in the car world and was also wondering if anyone’s been able to get their Juke to have gunshots and/or popping? I think that sounds sick and would like to incorporate that as well eventually.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
For the loudest exhaust, you will need the most unrestricted exhaust. Meaning fewest bends, no cats, and largest diameter possible to fit in all the stock locations. You will be better off going to a local shop that does exhausts and seeing what they can fabricate for you. To keep costs down, you won’t be doing a true downpipe as that requires pulling the engine on a gen 2 Juke. But you can do everything after the downpipe. Checkout the fast religion for their variety of Juke exhaust parts. As for the pops and backfire, you will need a tune to specifically enable it by dumping a ton of fuel that is unburnt into the exhaust manifold. This will most likely quickly kill your remaining catalytic converter in the downpipe and the sensors too. Not to mention basically causing explosions outside of the cylinder in an uncontrolled and uncontained fashion.

I do not have specifics on the gen 2 stock exhaust, but if it’s anything like a gen 1, it’s stock 2.25” diameter and a 3” exhaust will fit just fine and be plenty loud (especially if it’s straight piped from the exhaust manifold with no resonator). You might be able to fit a 3.5” exhaust.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
The Nismo exhaust hands down. It sounds great and doesn't drone at all. It's not crazy loud, except maybe right out of the box. It mellows out over a few hundred miles.

Nice and throaty down low and sporty up top without sounding farty. It was designed specifically for our 1.6 turbo motors so the baffling and channeling was designed by Nismo to make it specifically sound good. Anything else is going to be universal (the muffler part is, piping will be car specific) and hit or miss on sound.

It will be a bit quieter on yours without further mods because you have an extra resonator compared to an RS. But probably not much.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Please stay far far away from Pinellas County with that.... ::shudders::

Reactions: xxnaebowsxx

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
Just buy a CATless system. No Muffler. No Cats. Straight pipe. Its loud but not obnoxious loud.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
708 Posts
So I tried the "louder is better" approach with this car at one point. Complete straight pipe.... no CATS no muffler of any sort.

Literally so loud it's embarrassing to drive around. Like taking off from a light was cringe-worthy. I immediately put a resonator on the back AND a biiiiig muffler. Now it sounds really good lol

I'm talking rice rocket honda at 3AM loud........ just....... don't....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I tried the "louder is better" approach with this car at one point. Complete straight pipe.... no CATS no muffler of any sort.

Literally so loud it's embarrassing to drive around. Like taking off from a light was cringe-worthy. I immediately put a resonator on the back AND a biiiiig muffler. Now it sounds really good lol

I'm talking rice rocket honda at 3AM loud........ just....... don't....
Ahh…
Yeah I’ll take that into mind haha. I do like loud but I obnoxiously loud is definitely a thing. Do you have a sound clip?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Nismo exhaust hands down. It sounds great and doesn't drone at all. It's not crazy loud, except maybe right out of the box. It mellows out over a few hundred miles.

Nice and throaty down low and sporty up top without sounding farty. It was designed specifically for our 1.6 turbo motors so the baffling and channeling was designed by Nismo to make it specifically sound good. Anything else is going to be universal (the muffler part is, piping will be car specific) and hit or miss on sound.

It will be a bit quieter on yours without further mods because you have an extra resonator compared to an RS. But probably not much.
Thanks! I’ll look into one of those and definitely keep it in mind

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the loudest exhaust, you will need the most unrestricted exhaust. Meaning fewest bends, no cats, and largest diameter possible to fit in all the stock locations. You will be better off going to a local shop that does exhausts and seeing what they can fabricate for you. To keep costs down, you won’t be doing a true downpipe as that requires pulling the engine on a gen 2 Juke. But you can do everything after the downpipe. Checkout the fast religion for their variety of Juke exhaust parts. As for the pops and backfire, you will need a tune to specifically enable it by dumping a ton of fuel that is unburnt into the exhaust manifold. This will most likely quickly kill your remaining catalytic converter in the downpipe and the sensors too. Not to mention basically causing explosions outside of the cylinder in an uncontrolled and uncontained fashion.

I do not have specifics on the gen 2 stock exhaust, but if it’s anything like a gen 1, it’s stock 2.25” diameter and a 3” exhaust will fit just fine and be plenty loud (especially if it’s straight piped from the exhaust manifold with no resonator). You might be able to fit a 3.5” exhaust.
Cool thank you !! Yeah I don’t want it to sound like my cars dying…
I’m gonna finish wrapping my trim in Neochrome and then I’ll go on the hunt for the perfect exhaust for my car lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a custom exhaust on it actually. It's a 2J downpipe into a 2J midpipe that goes into a vibrant resonator and a KTuned muffler.

But I'm getting older and the excessive noise just annoyed me and it droned bad. Now when you start the car and idle you can barely even tell it's on lol so prob too quiet for you

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
First step is to just take off your muffler. Boom. Free. and louder. In my opinion, already stupid too loud. Next is to swap out resonators with straight pipe. There you go, now it's OBNOXIOUS LOUD. Then you mix and match resonators, straight sections, and mufflers until you find your magic level of desired dumbness.

So I actually have no muffler on my car. 2J downpipe into straight pipes... I have a 4' resonator under the car and then a 1.5' resonator instead of a muffler. That was my 2nd design. Original didn't have that 2nd resonator and that was racecar stuff volume. Yucko. I have no drone, it's loud when I floor it, but it's decently quiet on driving speeds. I made it all myself but it's certainly well within standard stuff an exhaust shop could handle. If I were to do it again, I'd straight pipe the whole thing with a good quality muffler to kill the noise.

Mufflers muffle sound. Resonators reduce resonance. Straight pipes straight up increase volume. There ain't much mystery to how these systems perform, lol.

But again... stay far far away from me please.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Most of the drone and "tin can" sound comes from the end of the pipe. So at a minimum if you have something at the very end of the exhaust and nothing in between it's not going to be obscene.

I tested this out with multiple setups at certain points lol. I actually have a muffler delete because sometimes I want the loudness but I usually put the muffler back on after a few days lol

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
Do you have any recommendations?
2J or Fast Religion, Down Pipe and 2nd CAT delete. Have an exhaust shop run 3" pipe to the back of the car. That simple.

If its too loud. Have the shop add a muffler at the rear of the car at a later date.

Reactions: marcasswellbmd

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I had my Juke I had installed an Injen dp which was mated to a stillen mid-pipe, then all the way to the back with a stillen axle back.. It was loud but with a nice deep tone little bit with a grumble. Little bit quiet in the cabin but from the outside it was noticeably. oh wait mine is a V1... Ehhh either way man, choose from FR or 2J, but for me personally I'll go with FR for mine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey all!
My motto is the louder the better. I absolutely love loud obnoxious cars so- with that being said…
Any recommendations on an exhaust system that will drastically enhance the sound of my Juke? I have a stock exhaust and no mods on her… for now.
I am by no means rich so budget is around $600 no more than $1000.
She’s a FWD 2016 SL

I’m still newish in the car world and was also wondering if anyone’s been able to get their Juke to have gunshots and/or popping? I think that sounds sick and would like to incorporate that as well eventually.
Ingen is the best from what I have heard.. I have a 2J cat back which sounds great too but only because I Have a Down Pipe and Custom Fast cat Mid pipe, before the 2J cat back.. That being said without a Down pipe off of the Turbo or at least, a Mid pipe before the cat back your not going to get that sound you want.. Before I got any of that done.. I used to run my car with out the muffler and it sounded great.. If you are not planning on getting the car tuned or making more power just Do a Muffler delete. Made my car sound a lot better and it will save you a lot of money.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I had my Juke I had installed an Injen dp which was mated to a stillen mid-pipe, then all the way to the back with a stillen axle back.. It was loud but with a nice deep tone little bit with a grumble. Little bit quiet in the cabin but from the outside it was noticeably. oh wait mine is a V1... Ehhh either way man, choose from FR or 2J, but for me personally I'll go with FR for mine.
I got a combo of 2J and FR, I got a FR Down Pipe, with a Catted Custom Mid Pipe, and a 2J AWD cat back.. I'm very happy with my sound. It's Laud and deep but not until you step on it..

·
Registered
139 Posts

Yeah FR has got something for him.. Just his Axel back sounded pretty good too me.. I saw that he put out some more videos with some new exhaust parts and they are on his website.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ahh…
Yeah I’ll take that into mind haha. I do like loud but I obnoxiously loud is definitely a thing. Do you have a sound clip?
I felt the same way When I was cat less, I had a FR down pipe, to a 2J Mid, to 2J AWD Cat Back.. And I know what you mean By Cringe-worthy.. But honestly Most of all what was killing me was that Smell. I would be stuck at a light or in traffic and that smell would kill me if I was stuck in traffic.. Plus it was too loud and I had a Muffler, So I had a 3" Flow Master Fast cat and a flex piece welded in to the 2J Mid Pipe, and it's not pretty but the car sounds just right now.. When I am just driving normal it sounds great not laud enough to draw cop attention But man when I nail it, She Open's right up and sounds just right and turns heads too.. This car has so much torque down low now, I can't even believe the difference.. (DYNO Tuned) I got to get a video up of what the car sounds like from outside passing by, just cruising by, and with me pedal to the floor, a taking off from a stop too.. But anyway when you guys get some Time Oh an Yeah I could use some likes or subs.. Going to be making slightly better content on the Juke Life to Planning on trying to get a video a month out there.. But anyway best wishes and Happy holidays.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIeusJytRsiRdayyMdp_6w I just feel like these cars don't get enough love and respect from car guys..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts