Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

61 - 80 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put some mesh over the holes and I did it a little different, I plan on keeping the car for a looooong time so I didn't mind making it extremely secure by putting a few holes in the bumper.

In hidden locations on the bumper, I drilled holes in the bumper (small ones) and using mesh with a rubber border placed them in and using zip ties with a base screwed and bolted them to the bumber. And then took some black calk made a seal around the border of the grilles, it's not necessarily the easiest way to do it but it looks good.

And it's snowing like a mad house outside!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bottom Air inlets

Hi Guys,

I noticed that on the left and most right inlet at the top there is a loop hole, somehting can be fastened to it. It seems as if there was a plan for something to be installed in the 3 inlets.

I have damage to the fins @ 1250KM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did mine. I used the Rustoleum black truck bed liner spray to paint them and they look pretty good. Installed on the vehicle you can hardly see them. I think it turned out pretty good. It'll definately keep a rock from hitting my radiator or intercooler.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Anyone think this isn't small enough? The hexes are a quarter inch. I love this pattern as it matches the premium fabric.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Even if the holes are 1/4inch, it would have to be a pretty small rock to go through it without hitting a piece of it. What im basically saying is, even a 1/8inch rock, would almost have to be perfectly centered on a hole to not catch a corner some how and slow it down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
First snow storm here in Toronto, I have a few pics will post once able to.
The inlets are allowing snow to pack on to the rad. This was taken after the snow storm, conditions: Snowing and lots of slush from the cars ahead. Drove 5 km.

I would love to see pics with grills on while snowing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OGPRefix - how'd the bulb replacement and Fog light addition go - easy upgrades? I've seen the thread on fog lights, but was curious if you felt the affect was worth it (truly bright lights from the new bulbs, better visibility with the fog lights, etc.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
We found a product at Ace Hardware that is very similar to the picture Proteus shows. It is used in rain gutters to keep debris out. It came in a 6" by 36" roll. Pretty easy to install too. Just followed advice from previous posts.

G

·
After reading of the concern about radiator damage from rocks and gravel coming through the holes in the Juke lower grill, I conducted an unofficial "survey" here in New York City. I walked around for a couple of hours carefully studying the grills of parked cars to see (A) How large their grill openings were and (B) If there was any visible damage to the radiators on those vehicles with larger grill openings. First of all, I found that many vehicles (especially SUVs) have grills with openings that are easily as large or larger than those in the Juke grill and many are just as close to the ground. Even some compact cars have large grill openings. And secondly, there didn't appear to be much damage to the radiators on any of these cars, even the older ones. Of course you can't compare the streets of NYC to a dirt road in Texas but I get the feeling that the problem of radiator damage may not be as great as some people fear. OTOH, being paranoid I bought a roll of plastic gutter guard that I'll attempt to put inside the grill one of these days...or maybe not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My g/f's has over 2k miles now and there's some visible damage. If it damages the fins enough to compromise cooling I'm wondering if the dealer would pay for any repairs...

·
Registered
55 Posts
2300 KM's pics for all to see. Calling Nissan on Monday about this. Its utter nonesense that:

A. They allowed this sort of large opening.
B. If Nissan was to make an accessorie that fits in side the three openings they would have had it ready for sale, when they introduced the Juke to market.
C. Molded in the two outer openings, holes for something to be bolted on, why doesnt nissan know what they are for?

The amount of damage is concerning to me as the condenser is so close to the opening with no protection. It should be a concern for everone else who owns a Juke. Ask questions, call Nissan!

Will add pictures shortly....

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
Damage at 2300 KM's ;(
Thanks for the picture updates.
I hate the look of the vertical fins being damaged but it's the horizontal tubes that we need to worry about the most.

I'm installing a bug screen to block out projectiles from the three wine racks as well as the horizontal opening above.

From my observations, if you look at the bottom of most cars, even with shrouds there is some visible damage to the lower area fins. The Juke is just asking to be stoned.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I called Nissan today, they told me no one has called about the wine rack vulnerability.
I suggest for those of you who are not installing any mesh, to take pictures and call Nissan they have a created a case ID# and provided me with an email address to send pictures. Now again, its probably worse in areas where there is snow, salt/sand mix etc.

Call, other wise nothing will be done and before you know it, BULLSEYE!! you just bought a new condenser core!

They may not do anything anyways but it may spur some interest in the aftermarket end.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wine rack et al.

I am with "Juke Tech" on this matter.
The wine rack get rally lights indeed.
Say Hella FF50 or FF100 with me.
For the slots above, Phillips LED DRL 4's

Food for thought.
Of course you can install some nifty expanded SS metal lath in there too, as discussed above. If you want the good stuff, go to: Sheet or coil products with holes punched through them to create a specified pattern.
You can order custom perforations, size of holes, offset dimensions and % open. Their prices are not cost prohibitive.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 288 Posts