Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this beeping sound coming from within my trunk.
I just started out of nowhere.
No idea what the cause may be even after checking the manual.
Also when I drive It beeps when I brake.

I recorded the beep :

any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
Well thats a strange one.

Year model Juke and drive train ?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Haha this has got to be the most random post I have seen.

I would start by pulling up the carpet and see if there is something hiding under the mat by the spare tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha this has got to be the most random post I have seen.

I would start by pulling up the carpet and see if there is something hiding under the mat by the spare tire.

Women and cars right ;-) lol

It's not coming from under the carpet (although I will have a look in the morning)
The sound comes from within the big plastic cover/wheel housing, when I take out that little panel there only seems to be a light fixture?.

Now the car is turned off on the driveway and is beeping continously.
Had a little drive towards, while driving it does not beep unless I brake, it beeps once every time I use the brake pedal.

And after parking It just keeps beeping.
All doors are closed, my key fobs have good batteries, all the lights are out, car is fairly new ....

It is driving me nuts, can't find anything about a sound warning system somewhere around the wheel housing.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Women and cars right ;-) lol

It's not coming from under the carpet (although I will have a look in the morning)
The sound comes from within the big plastic cover/wheel housing, when I take out that little panel there only seems to be a light fixture?.

Now the car is turned off on the driveway and is beeping continously.
Had a little drive towards, while driving it does not beep unless I brake, it beeps once every time I use the brake pedal.

And after parking It just keeps beeping.
All doors are closed, my key fobs have good batteries, all the lights are out, car is fairly new ....

It is driving me nuts, can't find anything about a sound warning system somewhere around the wheel housing.
I dont know if the oversea Jukes (guessing you are somewhere in Europe) are any different but both of the ones I owned only made a sound similar to that if the e-brake was up a little. But at the same time, it would sound from the front of the car and not the rear. You definitely have something odd going on! It should be under warranty so I think its time to take it in and let it be the dealerships problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Netherlands. Definitely warranty that's no issue, can't go there until monday so I was hoping to kill the beep myself in the meantime.

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
Well let us know what it is.

Does it happen only when it is raining ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
problem found and solved

Car dealer had room for me tuesday but after 2 days of beeping, driving me and my neighbors nuts and keeping us awake, I persuaded him to see me asap.

I have a tow bar. With the tow bar comes a little box that connects the electrical system with the electrical socket where I connect my trailer.
That little box that connects everything somehow got 'fried' while I haven't even used my towbar and lights in a couple of weeks.

So maybe the box got fried because of a malfunction, or maybe it has something to do with my trailer which is also fairly new ... I'm guessing the first. Time will tell.

In any case, life is better beep free

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
Oh cool glad it got solved !!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts