Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I think its been a couple years since I was here last. My 14 RS 6MT is still alive and kicking for those of you who remember me. Up to 45k miles now. Did a Spearco FMIC/custom piping and a 3" exhaust by my fabricator last year and am just now getting around to buying a turbo upgrade and then tuning it. Bought the tuning suite for UpRev recently.

Speaking of turbo upgrades, has anybody run the Turbobay Stg3 for their Juke? Looks like a decent package for under a grand. I saw where Yost Built had one on his Youtube channel but I never saw a video after that with any details. My stock turbo has developed a leak so I'm either going to buy this turbo or a cartridge upgrade to my stock housing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nice to see you back and ready for more upgrades...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been ready for a while but was hoping to find more options when I came back to it. Once I make a decision on a turbo I'll probably look at rods/pistons and a spare block for the future. Based on what my engine builder says headwork shouldnt be necessary for my horsepower goals.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Speaking of turbos, wondering how difficult it would be to fit this Borg Warner unit intended for its stroked 300hp+ French cousin...

Maybe get the manifold with it to make it easy?

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Is that TTE4XX Turbo Renault Megane 4 RS Turbo mount a Subi Mount ?

Wonder how it differs to the Larger Mamba and the one from Australia ?

I think the Latest MAMBA is the route to go. It is proven.

I believe this is the one.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
TTE4XX Turbo Renault Megane 4 RS

TTE presents the TTE4XX turbocharger for the Megane RS mk4 that offers an excellent combination of power, response and ease of installation Plug & play. The first step of the upgrade is to use the original turbochargers for a flow and power major.
The precision balance of the turbochargers is a critical key factor for converting to a TTE activation unit, which has the longest life and the highest primary efficiency. A good balance is measured by the acoustics. Posteriorly there is much pressure on all TTE turbochargers to balance the balancing standards.
For example, parts can be balanced with velocity velocities up to 2800 RPM with different plans using a single piece machine, because the components are assembled and the CHRA is dynamically balanced, depending on how much R is dependent on 250 Multiple plans using our internal VSR machine to achieve the final balance, and a much higher standard than OEM. Each turbocharger is equipped with a serial balance test result document.
Products Destined:
Turbocompressor BorgWarner original
Compressor TTE Billet Milled Upgrade 6 + 6 HOJA
TTE high wind turbine of 9 blades
Plug and Play installation
400+ PS tried
Probability of TheTurboEngineers
Finely balanced individual pieces, assembled components and balanced VSR high velocity equilibrium
Summarize with a document of the results of the balance test
Hecho in Germany

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the Mambatek and the Turbobay are the same specs. I'll buy whichever I can get here the fastest. 300whp would be the most I'd be looking for. Somewhere ~275-285 would be ideal I think, but I really want more top end vs torque. I spend a lot of time on the highway.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome back! I haven’t been on much either. I attached a pic of my Juke with fancy headlights and gators. I think it might be time for me to get the newer mamba turbo and get her tuned up to 300whp. After i have $1500 or so to throw at it. Maybe sell some oem parts to raise funds. Still have her for sale but doubt anyone will pay for what ot makes sense to let it go.
I should still be good with the stock clutch even at 300whp. At 39k miles now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Looks like the Mambatek and the Turbobay are the same specs. I'll buy whichever I can get here the fastest. 300whp would be the most I'd be looking for. Somewhere ~275-285 would be ideal I think, but I really want more top end vs torque. I spend a lot of time on the highway.
I could not figure that out. The Stage 3 Turbotech vs the newest Mamba. Not many have tried the Stage 3 but more than a few have used the Mamba with great success.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to someone at Turbobay yesterday and he seemed like he was alright. Gonna give them a try probably. I cant find a Mambatek turbo in that spec in stock. Guess I'll be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bit the bullet. Turbo is on the way. Price shipped was $1260 with all of the options. Here's to hoping it's worth the price.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
I bit the bullet. Turbo is on the way. Price shipped was $1260 with all of the options. Here's to hoping it's worth the price.
Stage 3 version I hope ?

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Thats awesome !!! So its better than that top tier Mamba then ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Supposedly its larger and more efficient. Housing is CNC machined. Guts are supposed to be top notch. We'll see. I'm gonna let the tuner decide how far to go.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Did you get a wastegate. When I contacted them the didn’t come with one. Mostly what turned me away

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just received shipping confirmation from Turbobay. Supposedly mine was flow tested with their new machine and will have a data sheet with it. They said 8-10 weeks and its been 8 so I can't fuss about the time it took to build. Looking forward to seeing if its worth the down time and the money. Yes, I will post pics when it arrives.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts