Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Discussion starter · #81 · (Edited)
Hellica is a bad bish. She clawed her way out if hell to be beautiful and loved once again. Interior I stripped and derusted and repainted the metal, sound deadening and insulation, thoroughly cleaned the upholstery, pressure washed and hot water extracted the carpet enough times I should've bought new lol. 180k miles original motor and trans but mechanically she runs fantastic. She sat outside for ten years with only half a top. New top is currently covering a hole my cats name in my Green Tree Python, Elphabruh (pictured below). I drove her today and wasn't so bad with my injuries. Just slow to shift and only got one hand to work with.

I think we need some pictures of Hellica to be able to determine if its a good DD for you haha.

Attachments

Beautiful! Pull the carpet, rhino line (or knock off brand equivalent) the floors and send it. Maybe even make your own duct tape top? As long as its reliable, I see no reason why you shouldnt save some money and use it.

But.......

If a new top really is going to cost you $1500, I have another option for you. Look into the early 2000s Saturn Vue. They can be had dirt cheap and are stupid reliable as long as you get one with a manual trans and 4 cylinder. I picked one up about 2 years ago for $1500 (very clean too), drove it for a year and sold it for $2000. The v6 models arent bad either cause they came with a Honda driveline. Just a lot harder to work on.

Discussion starter · #83 ·
Already have the parts and removed the old top. The motor needs serviced as well. I'm gonna call the guy tomorrow and ask. You really might be onto something considering Hellica my daily.

Beautiful! Pull the carpet, rhino line (or knock off brand equivalent) the floors and send it. Maybe even make your own duct tape top? As long as its reliable, I see no reason why you shouldnt save some money and use it.

But.......

If a new top really is going to cost you $1500, I have another option for you. Look into the early 2000s Saturn Vue. They can be had dirt cheap and are stupid reliable as long as you get one with a manual trans and 4 cylinder. I picked one up about 2 years ago for $1500 (very clean too), drove it for a year and sold it for $2000. The v6 models arent bad either cause they came with a Honda driveline. Just a lot harder to work on.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
You're good! To clarify. I own a new top from convertibletops.com, the convertible motor needs something, maybe just oil. 2/4 windows need new motors. Weather stripping is bad but I can use silicone and was paper to makeshift that. Maybe turning Hellica into my daily will motivate me to start fixing the body.

Should have read your post before the last one a bit better haha. Thats what happens when I pop on here while working.

Makes perfect sense! I read it, I really did haha. Body work... thats the worst. Looks like the drivers side is pretty bad with little dents. Just leave it as is if you are going to just use it as a temp daily. At least its all one color. But by the sounds of it, your end goal is to restore it?

Discussion starter · #87 ·
Yep that's the goal. Plan to do everything myself. So if the buddy work takes a year it takes a year. She runs fantastic just not weatherproof at the moment lol.

Makes perfect sense! I read it, I really did haha. Body work... thats the worst. Looks like the drivers side is pretty bad with little dents. Just leave it as is if you are going to just use it as a temp daily. At least its all one color. But by the sounds of it, your end goal is to restore it?

OHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAH GAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW JUKLEARRRRRRRRRR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am so so very saddened for your injuries. Screw the car, that orange was stupid anyways (and those gators?! YUCK!), but omg ribs are so important and legs and arms are, like, wicked useful for doing stuff. Damn son, I applaud your attitude and resilience. You're a champion and I wish you the best of fortune going forward. Like totally sending good vibes and changing my FB profile picture to be "I stand with Juklear". Much love and respect for you, I am heartbroken that so much work on BB8 has been lost, and absolutely do not not not get another Juke---that would just be wrong. When life gives you lemon juice into your eye socket, turn around and pee down life's throat. I think I read that on a bumper sticker once. Anyways, I love you, so sorry this happened to ya, and if I can be of any assistance to you, you know how to get ahold of me.

Reactions: JuklearWinter
Reactions: JuklearWinter
Discussion starter · #90 ·
Sorry I've been away for a while guys life has very much been in the way of much else.

I'm driving a J30 Accord coupe with a 6 speed. Its been a surprisingly fun car and I've done some cool stuff to it I will share with you guys soon.

But anyway I can no longer part out the Juke. I need to sell it all as a complete-ish wrecked car (except some of the stuff I sold off of it) and picked up locally in Amarillo.

Anyone with a Gen 2 (except nismo rs) would have an almost instant kit/parts car. Just an am SRI and labor and you have the fastest Gen 2 on the road. It ran AMAZING on the factory ROM and AFR was fine. It could used tuned eventually but honestly you'd be fine.

God knows how much I spent building this car but my loss can be the gain of a lucky Gen2 owner. That downpipe is basically one of a kind Fast Religion original. and will never exist again because of new EPA laws. The whole 16g turbo build is pretty much fully custom. Parts in my signature.

I probably loved this car a little too much. I'm ready to not look at it anymore. I could honestly use the money too. I want to get my current project all one color.

Someone make me an offer and come pick it up!

Attachments

Reactions: Jaxxa
I sensed you SplishSplash.... I sensed you... just yesterday you randomly popped into my mind for absolutely no reason and here I am on here and here you are after all this time. <3 U

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.