Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Jukeypukey, never really liked the look of the Neon but the Caliber SRT oh-my-**** that thing looks like it will tear you a new one in a heart beat. Agree with slcjuke... they sound GREAT especially compared to the Subby boxer asscheck splapping noise that they ALL make.

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I've always liked the Cobalt SS too! If one came my way before I pull the trigger on (probably) this SRT Neon I would definitely consider it.
I will sell you mine! Just a short drive across the country. Less than 3000 miles on the engine too. Top that off with Brembos and Recaros already there... its like a RS Juke.

I forgot what state you are in but there is a Saturn Ion Redline for sale for pretty cheap in NJ.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
You have a cobalt SS? I would have to ship it. There's no way I'll be physically able to road trip like that for a while.

I will sell you mine! Just a short drive across the country. Less than 3000 miles on the engine too. Top that off with Brembos and Recaros already there... its like a RS Juke.

I forgot what state you are in but there is a Saturn Ion Redline for sale for pretty cheap in NJ.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
You have a cobalt SS? I would have to ship it. There's no way I'll be physically able to road trip like that for a while.
Yep had mine for about a year now. Using it as my DD. We can arrange shipping. Its not as bad as you might think. Need some more money before I can put my deposit down on a Supra, so ya, buy it!

·
Registered
859 Posts
@Storm Trooper (sigh), you're buying a BMW eh? Unless it's an ACTUAL Supra.... then right on - when I was like, 15 (so 30+ years ago) I wanted Toyota Supra Targa.... ya, had to be the targa with best roof ever. Never bought one, wish I did.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
@Storm Trooper (sigh), you're buying a BMW eh? Unless it's an ACTUAL Supra.... then right on - when I was like, 15 (so 30+ years ago) I wanted Toyota Supra Targa.... ya, had to be the targa with best roof ever. Never bought one, wish I did.
Yes, a Toyota Z4 is what I am going to get.... I like the real Supras but would never own one. Too much of a collectors item. I like to drive my cars. Targa top FTW though! Love them on just about everything but the older 911s.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It's definitely a nice looking SRT-4, give you that. As long as the reliability is there, go for it. Since you are getting the friend special pricing, that's hard to pass up.

Not sure if the SRT-4 has a limited slip front differential. It's really the only way I would touch an FWD car. Another data point is that the FWD cars need lots more horsepower to feel fast due to the wheelspin. Kind of backwards but the AWD you feel the instant torque hit which kinda satisfies that speed addiction, even with less horsepower. I still vote RS Juke 6spd but grab what you can.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
SRT does have a LSD. If it weren't for the fact that my employment/income will be impacted by my injuries I would consider another Juke. I really need something inexpensive that still satisfies my need for unique and cool. May not be a long term ride but this checks all the boxes for me right now.

The Juke is already not super economical to modify but the thought of doing it twice and buying the car 1.5x kinda makes me queezy lol. At least with this SRT I can buy it outright and have enough leftover to account for possibly needing to find a new job. Went through an amicable divorce earlier this year, but that still took all of my savings to split our household up and what not. So sadly I'm not in a position this moment to only consider what I want. I'm pretty happy with this decision so far.

Gonna have my SRT owning mechanic buddy look it over this week and tell me what he thinks from a mechanical perspective. Still open to options but I like this one so far.

It's definitely a nice looking SRT-4, give you that. As long as the reliability is there, go for it. Since you are getting the friend special pricing, that's hard to pass up.

Not sure if the SRT-4 has a limited slip front differential. It's really the only way I would touch an FWD car. Another data point is that the FWD cars need lots more horsepower to feel fast due to the wheelspin. Kind of backwards but the AWD you feel the instant torque hit which kinda satisfies that speed addiction, even with less horsepower. I still vote RS Juke 6spd but grab what you can.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Juklear - move out to CA and we can be bachelor's together! Went through the whole separation thing earlier this year too. Luckily I was not married so it didn't cost me anything. But I have the kid full time so not much time for fun car stuff these days.

BTW- I went from the juke to a cheap beater with no car payment and haven't looked back. I daily drove a $1500 vehicle for a year and had no complaints. Its a great feeling.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
If not for my kid and my house I just might. Also primary custody (kids not my ex wife's). He's been with his mom for the school year so far but coming back to me hopefully over Christmas break. Depends on my ability to function lol.

Yeah there's lots of modern cars I want. But I'm not going back to a payment. I think I'll be happy with an older unique ride.

How much you want for the Cobalt? Shipping probably cost $1200 ish.

Juklear - move out to CA and we can be bachelor's together! Went through the whole separation thing earlier this year too. Luckily I was not married so it didn't cost me anything. But I have the kid full time so not much time for fun car stuff these days.

BTW- I went from the juke to a cheap beater with no car payment and haven't looked back. I daily drove a $1500 vehicle for a year and had no complaints. Its a great feeling.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If not for my kid and my house I just might. Also primary custody (kids not my ex wife's). He's been with his mom for the school year so far but coming back to me hopefully over Christmas break. Depends on my ability to function lol.

Yeah there's lots of modern cars I want. But I'm not going back to a payment. I think I'll be happy with an older unique ride.

How much you want for the Cobalt? Shipping probably cost $1200 ish.
Let's just say a bit more than that srt. Out here cars bring a premium (aka not a spec of rust), especially something rare like the SS with a clean title. Plus a new engine, clutch, shocks, springs, bushings, tie rods, ball joints, intake, exhaust, brakes....ect, it will get top dollar. If you are truly interested, send me a pm. Its a really nice/fun car that I would miss.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'd take an EVO over a WRX. I already have physical problems and I don't see myself bouncing back from this 100%. I don't like the interiors of the Evo, they seem uncomfortable. Currently my top choice is a 2014-2015 Civic Si (so it has 2.4) and transplanting the 16g. Oughtta be good for 400+ to the wheels with supporting mods. My ex wife (still great friends) took my 09 Accord and I am kind of dying to get back into a Honda.
I daily my 2013 Civic Si. Owned it since new. Really reliable and dependable but still fun to drive only thing that I had to replace was a crappy stock battery. You have the option of either supercharge or Turbo. With stock internals and tune lots of guys making 350whp my buddy Supercharged his 13 Si and made ~350whp. With big turbo and upgraded internals on e85 and tune guys are making 450whp. The K24Z7 motor responds well to bolt ons and boost. It also has a Helical LSD.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
You definitely keep her looking nice! If I end up financing I'm definitely getting an Si. I think a 14 or 15 so I can get the 2.4L and I will have the Blouch 16g I can always add to it. I'm a Honda whore for sure.

I think I'm gonna get this SRT Neon as a not long term project car. Drive it for a bit. Make it look pristine and when my financial situation is better selk it and get something more long term.

I daily my 2013 Civic Si. Owned it since new. Really reliable and dependable but still fun to drive only thing that I had to replace was a crappy stock battery. You have the option of either supercharge or Turbo. With stock internals and tune lots of guys making 350whp my buddy Supercharged his 13 Si and made ~350whp. With big turbo and upgraded internals on e85 and tune guys are making 450whp. The K24Z7 motor responds well to bolt ons and boost. It also has a Helical LSD.

·
Registered
478 Posts
So sorry to hear about the accident but so glad to hear you are alive!!! Make sure you get plenty of physical therapy as you are so young that you need to get all your body parts back as close to 100% as possible!! It will be a grind but its so worth it long term.
I also hope you find work soon, luckily with all the covid craziness there are more remote non physical jobs where you can work on phones and or computers. I wish you luck sir!
As for another vehicle would recommend the Chevy SS manual rwd. In texas that would be a BEAST!!! They are super hard to find tho. Magnetic suspension and all !!
Hope to see updates with how you are physically recovering over time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
What about hellica the celica?

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely still be around here. I have a pretty solid resume for a guy my age so I've applied for about forty jobs today that are equivalent or upgrades from my most recent job. Many of them are low impact or remote so we'll see how that goes.

Cobalt SS's are rad. I have no daily driver right now and insurance hasn't sent the adjuster to BB-8 so I'm in a holding pattern but will need something pretty much instantly. I make do a trade -up situation with my detailing skills and restore this SRT-4 to a solid non-rice 'resto-mod-ish' state and flip it for something slightly cooler and so forth until I'm in something I really love. I really can't finance something rn not knowing the fate of my livelihood at the moment. Still need a daily!

I might even just bite the bullet and pay someone to install my new top on Hellica the Celica and make her my daily. I just didn't wanna fork over $1500 for labor and I've already pulled the old top off. My left arm is in a cast for six weeks.

So sorry to hear about the accident but so glad to hear you are alive!!! Make sure you get plenty of physical therapy as you are so young that you need to get all your body parts back as close to 100% as possible!! It will be a grind but its so worth it long term.
I also hope you find work soon, luckily with all the covid craziness there are more remote non physical jobs where you can work on phones and or computers. I wish you luck sir!
As for another vehicle would recommend the Chevy SS manual rwd. In texas that would be a BEAST!!! They are super hard to find tho. Magnetic suspension and all !!
Hope to see updates with how you are physically recovering over time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
If Hellica the Celica is reliable, your short term best option may be to install the top for $1500 and call it a day until you have more financial flexibility which will open up more options to you.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Honestly you might be right. Window motors need replaced and the weather seals aren't great but she's mechanically perfect.

If Hellica the Celica is reliable, your short term best option may be to install the top for $1500 and call it a day until you have more financial flexibility which will open up more options to you.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I think we need some pictures of Hellica to be able to determine if its a good DD for you haha.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts