Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Get better Juklear! Glad to see you made it out alive. My vote for the next vehicle is an Evo but I may be a bit biased....

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I'd take an EVO over a WRX. I already have physical problems and I don't see myself bouncing back from this 100%. I don't like the interiors of the Evo, they seem uncomfortable. Currently my top choice is a 2014-2015 Civic Si (so it has 2.4) and transplanting the 16g. Oughtta be good for 400+ to the wheels with supporting mods. My ex wife (still great friends) took my 09 Accord and I am kind of dying to get back into a Honda.

Get better Juklear! Glad to see you made it out alive. My vote for the next vehicle is an Evo but I may be a bit biased....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Don't know how you're going to double the hp in an Si just by plopping a turbski on it unless you run massive boost... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So long as it's the 2.4L I don't think it'd take much more than that and breathers (including headers /dp). The lack of drivetrain loss helps too.

Don't know how you're going to double the hp in an Si just by plopping a turbski on it unless you run massive boost... ;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Please for the love of all that is holy do not get an STI. I live in Utah (obviously) and I see a MILLLLLIIIOOON of these cars and I'm so over it. They look like a toyota corolla styling-wise and they all sound exactly the same with the same stupid Cobb accessport BS. Just cookie cutter BS car that I'm so over lol

But I mean if Suby is your thing then go ahead

+1 for the Evo.My buddy has had an Evo 8,9 and 10 and I've loved all of them. There's just something about the mitsubishi that inspires me over the STI lol

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Current choices are a 14-15 Civic Si or an SRT-4 Neon.

Please for the love of all that is holy do not get an STI. I live in Utah (obviously) and I see a MILLLLLIIIOOON of these cars and I'm so over it. They look like a toyota corolla styling-wise and they all sound exactly the same with the same stupid Cobb accessport BS. Just cookie cutter BS car that I'm so over lol

But I mean if Suby is your thing then go ahead

+1 for the Evo.My buddy has had an Evo 8,9 and 10 and I've loved all of them. There's just something about the mitsubishi that inspires me over the STI lol

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I can't wrap it until Christmas but my arm is an interesting color.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
At first glance I didn't think that was an arm... ummm, ya know :D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Evo over the STi for different reasons. The EVO is orders of magnitude more reliable. 400 to 450 whp possible on the stock block. The STi is fun when they aren’t breaking. Mine is getting a full AIG built motor. I’m holding out for th Yaris to come stateside, we will see.

·
Registered
859 Posts
@pboglio ohhh do I want that Yaris. Or a Kona N if it shows up here in da north eh... I think what would be cool, looks are weird like the Juke, but if toyota did an awesome version of the CHR... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I found a modified SRT-4 Neon in silver locally for $5k. I would wrap it a different color probably. So far it's my top choice. Plus my local mechanic owns a red one with 700hp so he knows what he's doing. Would be a fun daily with zero car payment.

I can't get my 93 Celica convertible's top replaced for a while on account of ::gestures bodily::

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hmm......SRT-4 Neon. They are fast, no doubt. I dare say the Juke feels a lot more quality than the SRT though, why not the Juke RS? That car was tons of fun and they are now starting to come in under 10k used. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Current choices are a 14-15 Civic Si or an SRT-4 Neon.
Seems like you want to go FWD... If so, have you looked into the Cobalt SS? Mine makes about 300whp with a basic tune. Can easily get it up to 350whp since I have an upgraded turbo. But having said that, 300whp in a FWD car is basically pointless. 1-3 gear are almost useless, which is why I stopped at 300 whp. No need for more power if you cant put it to the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The Juke is definitely more quality. Unfortunately I had just started a new job and will be out of work for a while so I'm not going to finance anything probably.

Sure the EVO or WRX are endlessly moddable. I like cars that you don't see every day. Plus my mechanic is an SRT guru so I always have an expert on deck. This one is $5k and modified decently already. I would change the styling a bit but it's a suitable low cost replacement for BB-8 I think. Whatchu guys think?

Also looking at this Miata for $3k. Needs a rear diff and has 155k miles tho

Hmm......SRT-4 Neon. They are fast, no doubt. I dare say the Juke feels a lot more quality than the SRT though, why not the Juke RS? That car was tons of fun and they are now starting to come in under 10k used. Just throwing it out there.

Attachments

Reactions: Stunning70

·
Registered
859 Posts
I found a modified SRT-4 Neon in silver locally for $5k. I would wrap it a different color probably. So far it's my top choice. Plus my local mechanic owns a red one with 700hp so he knows what he's doing. Would be a fun daily with zero car payment.

I can't get my 93 Celica convertible's top replaced for a while on account of ::gestures bodily::
1: It's a Dodge.
2: It's a Neon which was, I say WAS, the attempt at making a crappy-cheap-affordable car at the time, it worked for Dodge just like the Sunfire/Cavalier for Pontiac/Chevy.
3: It's a Dodge.
4: Did a quick search (for Texas) and found most Srt Neons are well North of 8k and regular are sub-4k. If you 'found' an Srt for 5k that's modded, I would be worried and VERY sceptical. Just my Canadian $0.02 :love:

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
You're not wrong about any of this. The pricing is because it's a friend of a friend. The fact that my mechanic is an expert on the platform helps. I just want something I don't have to finance that has that uniqueness factor of something you don't see very often. I may not keep it for forever, but I'm way too badly injured to be comfortable buying something nice and new and this will only eat up half of my insurance money and I know I have good support with my mechanic. Overall I would never buy a Dodge. Always had a thing for the SRT Neon though. I definitely agree with all of your points.

1: It's a Dodge.
2: It's a Neon which was, I say WAS, the attempt at making a crappy-cheap-affordable car at the time, it worked for Dodge just like the Sunfire/Cavalier for Pontiac/Chevy.
3: It's a Dodge.
4: Did a quick search (for Texas) and found most Srt Neons are well North of 8k and regular are sub-4k. If you 'found' an Srt for 5k that's modded, I would be worried and VERY sceptical. Just my Canadian $0.02 :love:

·
Registered
859 Posts
On a side note there pukey, I am really sorry and sad about your injuries. I know how it feels to be incopacitated (whatever the f'ing work is) as myself, an electrician, have 'retired' at 46 to soon be an Inspector and not have to lug the tools all day. My body sounds like Rice Krispies when I go upstairs if you know what I mean. All the best brother!

·
Registered
611 Posts
SRT has one of the best sounding 4 cylinders in my opinion so you got that going for you at least which is pretty nice

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I've always liked the Cobalt SS too! If one came my way before I pull the trigger on (probably) this SRT Neon I would definitely consider it.

Seems like you want to go FWD... If so, have you looked into the Cobalt SS? Mine makes about 300whp with a basic tune. Can easily get it up to 350whp since I have an upgraded turbo. But having said that, 300whp in a FWD car is basically pointless. 1-3 gear are almost useless, which is why I stopped at 300 whp. No need for more power if you cant put it to the ground.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts