Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys...

So I started a new job after COVID took mine recently. Overnights, doing like 15+ hours a night. Got called in Monday, hadn't slept great. Guess I blinked a little too long on my way to work. Fortunately only hurt myself and nobody else.

I shattered my left arm and four ribs. Messed my tongue and left hip up pretty bad. Perforated and bruised lung. I'm pretty messed up unfortunately and had to have my arm surgically re-assenbled on Tuesday morning. I'm pretty much non-functioning but happy to be alive.

BB-8, on the other hand, is done. I lost consciousness upon impact and didn't even know what he looked like until this morning. This is what I hobbled upon. Most of the aftermarket stuff is toast. IC, pipes, wheels, carbon fiber hood, intake, 13 gators, Manny mounts, subframe collars, Unsure about the Wildwood brakes and turbo/dp assembly. I don't think it's gonna be worth buying back to part out and certainly is not practical (I don't think) to try and transplant parts to a new 2nd gen.

I don't think I can start this project over. So for now I guess i'mma just try and survive for a few weeks in an incredible amount of pain and see what insurance wants to tell me.

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
The car is replaceable and you're not so glad you're alive man. Scary stuff

I wouldn't sweat the car!

Glad you're alive to post here on the forum about it. 2020 has been a crazy year for sure

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Wow. Your alive that's what's important. Car can be replaced. I work nights and when my wife was going to school I had to drive the kids to and from school after working a night shift. A few times I almost nodded off coming home from work due to lack of sleep. Take care and get well soon.

·
Super Moderator
11,155 Posts
Wow. I am so sorry to hear about your injuries. You are alive and able to post which is the most important thing.

I hope you heal up and have no lasting effects.

Your Juke is lost but not forgotten and will continue to live on here.

Keep us posted on your healing progress.

Sincerely

Mac

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Wow! So glad you are ok. Sorry about BB. That really sucks, but your health is more important.

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am glad you are alive. The car sacrificed itself for you.
I see that something hit the window, was that your head? That's it is pretty insane.

Rest up and your body will take a while before its back to normal. Easy on your back, that pain will start to creep up as your body starts to adjust to the damage and compensate.

Godspeed on your recovery.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Heal up, and get rested. It’ll improve you just gotta give your body the time it needs, don’t rush it. That story is sobering but thank God you are here to talk about it.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Juklear,

What happened to the front crash beam? I know some of us remove it for an Fmic. I highly recommend people think twice about it. How the airbags fire would depend on the stiffness of the front end. Honestly thought the JUKEs were safe in a frontal collision, but maybe being conscious helps to prepare for the impact. Scary stuff. Keep safe.

·
Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
Damn... the most important part is you are alive. The human body is amazingly resilient and you can bounce back.

If I remember, the Juke had a 3 or 4 star front crash rating but when they introduced new tests which I think they called the 40% overlap barrier test (which from the looks of it, what happened to your Juke), the Juke in general failed.

anyway, again the most important part is you are alive and here to tell us about it. You’ve been a pioneer for the gen 2 crowd. See if you can save a BB-8 emblem as a memento. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Front crash beam was absolutely in place. I even painted it orange which you can see in some older build pics from when I rebuilt the 13 gators. I have no idea where it went post accident. I imagine the bolts sheared off and it was carried away with the bumper. I wouldn't mess around with safety like that.

Juklear,

What happened to the front crash beam? I know some of us remove it for an Fmic. I highly recommend people think twice about it. How the airbags fire would depend on the stiffness of the front end. Honestly thought the JUKEs were safe in a frontal collision, but maybe being conscious helps to prepare for the impact. Scary stuff. Keep safe.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: redBack_juke

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will definitely try to save the emblem. I've never been in a serious car crash so I have no idea how I faired compared to other vehicles, and don't remember much. Thanks Squirt!

I probably need to decide my next vehicle sooner, than later. I don't want something brand new. Must be a manual trans. Awd and/or turbo is preferable but not required. Any suggestions???

Damn... the most important part is you are alive. The human body is amazingly resilient and you can bounce back.

If I remember, the Juke had a 3 or 4 star front crash rating but when they introduced new tests which I think they called the 40% overlap barrier test (which from the looks of it, what happened to your Juke), the Juke in general failed.

anyway, again the most important part is you are alive and here to tell us about it. You’ve been a pioneer for the gen 2 crowd. See if you can save a BB-8 emblem as a memento. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah it's pretty scary stuff. I don't remember much, which makes it even scarier. I can't physically do this job anymore probably anyway, so I should probably look at other options sooner than later. Unfortunately my detailing business is pretty much closed until I can physically preform it again so I dunno what I'm going to do for the foreseeable future. I'll figure it out!

Wow. Your alive that's what's important. Car can be replaced. I work nights and when my wife was going to school I had to drive the kids to and from school after working a night shift. A few times I almost nodded off coming home from work due to lack of sleep. Take care and get well soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This reminds me, why do manufacturers put the ECU under the hood where its more exposed to accidents and engine heat? In the recent past it was usually located in the passenger compartment under the dash.

Surely it makes it harder for the insurance to analyze it. I don't know. I just don't see the reason in putting it in the engine bay.

Wishing a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Ok, I’d have thought it was there but wasnt sure. The front end looked pretty good in terms but I guess that doesn’t translate to your injuries.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no idea how to equate my injuries or lack thereof with the damage to the car. I know my car is destroyed and I'm really bad messed up. Can't walk (even with a cane.. I'm 36) or barely breathe and all the broken bones were classified as 'shattered', been peeing blood for almost a week, and my left arm has been reconstructed, so I guess the ratings on paper don't mean a lot to me right this moment. I was also wearing my seat belt for what that's worth.

p
Ok, I’d have thought it was there but wasnt sure. The front end looked pretty good in terms but I guess that doesn’t translate to your injuries.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Glad you survived that horrible accident...BB8 was looking after you! Take it easy and get well soon. Now you can start thinking about a BB82.0. Too bad you didn't have a dash cam. That would've been something to watch that video to see what actually happened.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts