Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2013 Nissan Juke October 2021. Aftermarket VIPER remote start installed in December. Here is where the issue began. Service engine soon light was on directly after remote start was installed. This caused the juke to jerk badly when accelerating quickly. Took in and was told the battery was bad. Made sense as it was super old. Replaced battery. Seemed fine after replacing battery but when i drove on the highway, the juke was making a loud whining noise from under the hood and car doesn't want to accelerate. Took back in, wrong size battery. Geez, ok replace with correct size. Same issue 2 weeks later. Took to mechanic to test alternator cause what else. They say alternator is fine, battery is dead. Call and use warranty to get battery replaced. This is where I stand now. The car seems ok for now, but I can tell something just isn't right with how it accelerates and drives. Could the remote start be the cause of all of these issues? This is super messy.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Absolutely it could. A poor install can reek havoc on the cars systems. Just because their INSTALL "Works" doesn't mean it was installed correctly.

Best thing to do. Its not what you want to hear. Take the system out. Get the Juke back to normal. Then go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts