Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I’ve got a 2011 juke
Not had it long and just noticed the back seats are getting wet (soaking)
Removed the seats gone for a drive and water is getting in drivers side (Uk)
But unsure where as there’s so much plastic. Has anyone had this problem before. I’ve washed this car so many times and not had a problem only when raining/driving

any help greatly received

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply’s what I forgot to mention is there’s no sunroof
Having looked on line there is a oval shaped plug that lets in water hoping that’s it. Just wondering if any other places it could leak

all seals look like new rear lights look good ect

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Can you provide more detail of where it's wet? "Drivers side" and soaked back seat isn't a lot of information.

Consider taping tissue or paper towels over all suspect seams, joints, etc. and see what gets wet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
From my experience, if water gets in the back of the car, it will pool up around the spare tire area and when you drive around that water could slosh towards the seats where it could get soaked up by them. The easiest thing would be to make sure the gasket for the tail light wiring is seated properly. There could be a leak in the seam sealer for the body panels in the bumper area, which could drip water into that area. You might even want to check the weather stripping around the rear hatch to make sure it isn't split or misaligned.
I don't know how much water we're talking, but the rubber lines for the drip rails run through the inside of the car down the C-pillar, and if for whatever reason that line was broken I would imagine it dumping large amounts of water in that area.

I've had a leak in my trunk area and it was a pain to diagnose, and the only way I was able to do it was completely remove the rear seats and spare tire so I could inspect the area for leaks after every time it rained

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue sometime end 2019 and spare tire area was flooded and to date I still cannot tell from which part the leak came from. Car had slept outside when there was a serious pouring of rain for the whole night literally. I had to remove back seat as the bottom sponge was really wet, trunk lining and hard board cover was all wet.

Am hoping I will not experience the same issue again (as I have not since then) but the worry of not knowing where the leak came from still haunts me to date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts