Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My back seat lever got broken any ideas on how to fix this I defiantly need to pay my seat down

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help me with the same problem. The knob does not screw back in place and the seat is now locked in upright and I cannot get it unstuck no matter what. How can I release this latch without the use of the adjustment knob to get the back folded down? Desperate!

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Unscrew the knob from the other seat and use it.

·
Super Moderator
4,366 Posts
Please help me with the same problem. The knob does not screw back in place and the seat is now locked in upright and I cannot get it unstuck no matter what. How can I release this latch without the use of the adjustment knob to get the back folded down? Desperate!
Have you tried a screwdriver blade from the cargo area side. The knob just releases the hook. You can probably do that manually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure if my problem is the same or not. The driver's side rear seat is stuck in the upright position. The knob is NOT broken from the metal threaded connecting rod. I can pull on the knob and feel the rod pulling through the seat fabric/cushioning. The knob does not pull loose and come out. That tells me the rod has become disengaged from the latch mechanism so it won't release. I have very limited access to the mechanism due to the seat being latched in place but I've pushed, pulled and pried everything I can get to with no success. My hope is that if I can get the latch to release, I can then remove the seat, fold up the seat fabric and get a better view of what the issue is. However, that first "if" is my problem. Unless I can disengage that latch, there's no way to get the seat out or get the fabric out of the way without damaging it.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I'm not sure without going outside to look, but you may be able to remove the seatbacks by removing the bottom cushion first in order to access the side bolts. The bottom bolts can be reached from the trunk. Here is a link to the FSM.

Reactions: Duke_Jukem

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure without going outside to look, but you may be able to remove the seatbacks by removing the bottom cushion first in order to access the side bolts. The bottom bolts can be reached from the trunk. Here is a link to the FSM.

Thank you for providing the link to the Factory Service Manual. There is some great information in there. I had considered doing what you're suggesting but I don't know if it will work or not. Since the Seatback lock assembly (Thanks to you, I know what it's called) is stuck in the locked position, even if I'm able to get the seat back detached from the bottom, the seat back will then just be flopping around on the striker. Although it will still be stuck, it may help by giving me a better angle of attack if I can swing the seat back around to a different position. Thanks again for the link and for the recommendation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts