Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Jukes with AWD....

Is all wheel drive a mode that you activate or is it on full time? Or just when you activate sports mode..?

How does it interact with the iconn system..? Do you still have Econ/sport/normal mode or does AWD replace one of those.? Or is it something you turn off and on independent of the mode the care is in?

I am trying to figure out how/if i want AWD and they are impossible to find around here for a test drive so all i can do it wonder and research things on the Internet.:)

Anyone out there with an AWD that can share any details on how it works? Experience driving the car with AWD ?

thanks..!

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I gathered the AWD is separate from the iCon settings.

You have a switch on the left (?) side of the wheel that triggers either 2WD / AWD-V (vector AKA intelligent AWD or on-demand) / AWD-Lock (50/50). You can clearly see the switch on different videos / pictures posted around.

And then you have the iCon settings on the center dash where you choose eco / normal / sport.

If I end up buying one I would probably leave it on AWD-V all the time as the computer is intelligent enough to use 2WD if the conditions are perfect, therefore consuming less gas. There was a video somewhere that explained the AWD feature on the Juke (and Rogue as well) where it helps you even in curves.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is an AWD switch on the left of the steering wheel which allows you to change the it between:

- AWD Full Mode
- AWD Vectoring Mode
- FWD

This is independent of the I-Con system. Haven't touched it really, though. I just leave mine on vectoring.

I imagine I'd want to put it on FWD and Eco-Mode if I wanted the best gas mileage, though?

...and if it's really snowy out I'd want to put it in full AWD mode?

·
Registered
174 Posts
This was one of the first things I looked for when I test drove.. Was curious as well.. and it is on the left side....

and yes...FWD and ECO mode would give you the best MPG.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts