Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Yeah potentially. I feel like there it's going to be more involved than just removing codes from the ecu but will see, maybe I'm wrong.

Here is a picture of right before the swap was started. It's pretty clean considering it has 158k miles on it and spent a lot of its life in the midwest. There is no actual body rust which is shocking but there is plenty of rusted bits bolted to it. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,568 Posts
Very Nice.

The Swiss Army knife of Cars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Today the clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate showed up for the RS. That only leaves the pedal set before I have all the components that don't require measuring once the transmission is installed.

Since the car is going to have to be tuned anyways I'm debating tossing in a different turbo but I don't want to kill the transfer case so I will have to keep that in mind.

The Baja just needs an exhaust welded up, front end reassembled, and final cleanup in the engine bay then the shop is free for the next project.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Awesome!!!

Lars is meant to be sending you the pedal set right?

And of course... I sold my darn RS AWD. Might need to get another lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Awesome!!!

Lars is meant to be sending you the pedal set right?

And of course... I sold my darn RS AWD. Might need to get another lol.
Yeah he is but last I heard he hasn't been able to find them. I reached back out to him today about it though. Worst case I will just buy them from Nissan. It will still be a few weeks before the shop is free so there is time.

Worst case you can always buy another if you really want to do the swap. Prices are coming down on them pretty steadily or buy a wrecked on and mess around with that.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Yeah he is but last I heard he hasn't been able to find them. I reached back out to him today about it though. Worst case I will just buy them from Nissan. It will still be a few weeks before the shop is free so there is time.

Worst case you can always buy another if you really want to do the swap. Prices are coming down on them pretty steadily or buy a wrecked on and mess around with that.
Hope he can find them!

I'd be on the look out for a NISMO with a blown trans :) (In reality I will have to complete selling my house first though).

Reactions: slcjuke

·
Registered
661 Posts
Did someone say they need a Nismo with a blown trans? Hmmmmm?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
Sad Days. Lars only has an auto pedal set lying around and there isn't any clutch pedals in the US right now. I may just have to order it from Nissan and pay way to much for it. In the grand scheme of things it isn't a huge deal, it's just annoying.

Edit: My friend may have tracked down a few manual Jukes in a semi local junkyard so I am going to call before I order the parts from Nissan.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Check parts for sale section in here :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I ended up just buying what I needed from Nissan. Everything should be in by tomorrow. I had forgotten that I also needed a clutch master cylinder and a brake reservoir that has the port for the clutch master.

I haven't heard anything back from 2J since I got my first message from them about the ecu flash. They are probably just busy but I may have to go back to looking for some place to assist with the ecu side of things if I don't hear anything by the time the car comes apart.

Current project updates, I am working on making the exhaust for the Baja now and we see waiting on some front axles. So the Juke swap is probably around 2 to 3 weeks out. I am planning on taking some time off of work to focus on this project once it's time. Last I checked I had pretty much maxxed out my PTO so I should have plenty of time.

Reactions: Scougar

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Great to see progress on this project. 2J is going to reflash the ECM? And is the BCM only available on the AWD CVT? I might have missed it but wasn't there some issue with half shaft lengths being different between the old and new transmission. Getting caught up on this thread.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I haven't heard anything back from 2J since I got my first message from them about the ecu flash. They are probably just busy but I may have to go back to looking for some place to assist with the ecu side of things if I don't hear anything by the time the car comes apart.
Joe is extremely bad at responding to emails. Actually communication is the main weakness with 2J. The ONLY reason Joe responded to me is because my literal car was down in his shop but if you're doing anything remotely you're on the backburner unfortunately.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Great to see progress on this project. 2J is going to reflash the ECM? And is the BCM only available on the AWD CVT? I might have missed it but wasn't there some issue with half shaft lengths being different between the old and new transmission. Getting caught up on this thread.
The way 2J explained it is that they would leave the ECM configured for the AWD CVT and simply turn off any codes that may come up after the swap. They said that they have manual swapped a Nissan Rogue using this same method. What I haven't heard back from them on is if the TCU and all related auto wiring needs to be retained and if the factory AWD controller will still function at that point. My thought is I would likely have to leave the TCU and all related wiring as it is and that the factory AWD controller will not function due to the the TCU not sending the correct information to the AWD controller.

As for the half shaft lengths, I am not 100% sure if my measurements were correct when I took them and even if they were correct that they will be an issue. Right now my plan is to get the transmission in and see how everything fits up and see if there is any binding of the CV axles. If it does turn out an axle is too short or too long I have pieced together CV axles in the past so I can either find axle shaft from another Nissan or see about getting some made for me if it comes to that.

Joe is extremely bad at responding to emails. Actually communication is the main weakness with 2J. The ONLY reason Joe responded to me is because my literal car was down in his shop but if you're doing anything remotely you're on the backburner unfortunately.
Ah okay that explains a lot. This is all being done remotely because I am in Washington. I will just have to try calling to see if I get a response then. If that doesn't work out I may just have to find another route.

Reactions: slcjuke

·
Registered
661 Posts
The way 2J explained it is that they would leave the ECM configured for the AWD CVT and simply turn off any codes that may come up after the swap. They said that they have manual swapped a Nissan Rogue using this same method. What I haven't heard back from them on is if the TCU and all related auto wiring needs to be retained and if the factory AWD controller will still function at that point. My thought is I would likely have to leave the TCU and all related wiring as it is and that the factory AWD controller will not function due to the the TCU not sending the correct information to the AWD controller.

As for the half shaft lengths, I am not 100% sure if my measurements were correct when I took them and even if they were correct that they will be an issue. Right now my plan is to get the transmission in and see how everything fits up and see if there is any binding of the CV axles. If it does turn out an axle is too short or too long I have pieced together CV axles in the past so I can either find axle shaft from another Nissan or see about getting some made for me if it comes to that.

Ah okay that explains a lot. This is all being done remotely because I am in Washington. I will just have to try calling to see if I get a response then. If that doesn't work out I may just have to find another route.
I'm sure he'll get back to you but it might not be as promptly as you would hope lol

I'm very excited for your build

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I'm sure he'll get back to you but it might not be as promptly as you would hope lol

I'm very excited for your build
Well thankfully there still is some time before I actually need to know so what they did. So hopefully I hear back before I start taking the car apart.

Yeah same. I have been collecting parts and scheming this project since I got the car 3 years ago so it will be awesome to finally see it come together.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well thankfully there still is some time before I actually need to know so what they did. So hopefully I hear back before I start taking the car apart.

Yeah same. I have been collecting parts and scheming this project since I got the car 3 years ago so it will be awesome to finally see it come together.
I'm wishing you and @pboglio all the success in the world in both of your projects, not only for the platform but also as a selfish son of a b**** wanting it for my car. You guys might actually make me keep the car lol so I'm crossing my fingers for success on both projects believe me

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
@slcjuke,

It's a race to see which one drives first.....lol. The difference is, we all win. Wishing FlannelFairlady success on this. This would be totally worth it for a Rally Juke or some serious roadracing. I'll sit back with the popcorn and watch for awhile.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
@slcjuke

At this point I am 100% confident the swap will work. The question now is how much work left and how much off the part I have will actually fit and how much will need to be custom. The hard part for those the people looking to recreate the swap will be sourcing all of the needed parts since this uses a few Nismo RS specific parts and the actual transmission will have to be imported. Lars Wolfe is working on the same swap right now so it's more of a race to get my done before he does.

@pboglio
I get the feeling your will be on the road first but we will see. It all really depends on what speed bumps I run into.

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I figured Lars would have some serious interest in doing the swap. I can't see a Rally car being FWD, no matter how much I try. Hope you get it done but either way you were rolling on this first so IMHO you get the credit. If you can get that differential controller rocking, that would be a bonus. Is the ECM issue related to the AWD aspect and ABS or something, I'm trying to figure out why a FWD ECM wouldn't work. Sorry, I'm behind on this thread.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts