Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed a set of Eibach springs today on my AWD SV.

The install is very straight forward, in fact this is one of the easiest vehicles I've done.

I even remembered to take a few pics so here's a run down

I started in the front. Raise the front and support with jack stands.

Remove: Wheels, Brake line retaining clip, ABS wire clips, Sway bar retaining nut, and 2 bolts from the bottom of the strut.

PS. Don't let my fancy diagram intimidate you ;)

Lastly you need to remove the 3 bolts holding the top strut mount to the vehicle. 2 of these are clearly visible and the 3rd one is located under the cowl. Thankfully Nissan gave us a little plug to remove to get to this last one! Love it!
I used a drill with socket adapter
*Hint* If you remove the bolt under the cowl last you can leave it in the hole with the socket still over it. This makes re-install very easy.

Ok: here is where you need two things that you may not have in your tool box, An impact gun and strut spring compressor. The compressor can be rented from a lot of auto parts places or really they are cheap enough to buy ($55 from auto zone).

Use your spring compressor and compress the spring until you can push down just slightly and feel the shock give. Next use your impact gun and remove the top nut from the strut.

This is a picture with the top strut mount removed.

Now transfer the spring compressor to the new spring and install the spring on to the strut and replace the top mount and nut (use your impact here again).

Re-install the strut to the car and replace all the bolts clips and so on you took off
Repeat the procedure on the second side.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now lets move to the rear. I raised the rear and supported it under the rear Diff.

I left the wheels on

Remove the 4 bolts holding the sway bar to the car and remove both lower bolts of the shocks

Now you may be able to have someone stand on a wheel and make the suspension drop enough to pull out the springs. I had only my 11 year old son helping and he was not heavy enough to do so. I got a bottle jack from my Landcruiser and placed it on top of the tire and placed a small chunk of wood up in the wheel well and jack the suspension down until I could remove the rear spring and pop in the new ones. This worked great.

Now re-install all the bolts and lower the car down.

Your done!! All in all this took about 1.5 hours in my driveway.

Just need an alignment.

I'll get mine done this week. And I'll post some before and after pics as well

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Nice write up. Glad you put this up, should be getting a set of springs myself here within the next week or two, Whenever my tax return decides to come.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
697 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nice write up I should e-mail this to the shop that told me it is a 6 1/2 hour job to install springs on a Juke and that's why he has to charge $742 dollars for labor alone...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Nice write up I should e-mail this to the shop that told me it is a 6 1/2 hour job to install springs on a Juke and that's why he has to charge $742 dollars for labor alone...
Holy crap. That's a lot for a spring install haha

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah I know thank God I did not have him do it. The shop even carries Eibach springs when I told him from what I have heard it is only a 2 to 3 hour install he said that his manual states the fronts are a 4 hour job and the rears are a 2 1/2 hour job to complete. Just another example of a shop trying to rip someone off.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Good god, I'm paranoid about making sure everything is perfect the first time around, so I take a bit longer than most, and without having done it myself on the juke yet, it cannot take that freaking long to swap springs. I'd say about 45 min tops for each wheel. Really.... how long does it take to remove a strut? He was definitely trying to get money from you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want to do the springs to mine. I've only done the CAI and just got the crank pulley and waiting to the weekend to put it on. I've put springs on previous vehilces and they haven't been bad before so I'll probably do it myself. Thanks for the pictures and write up, great job! Now to order some springs. Anyone have anywhere they reccomend? I've only had my Juke for a month and reading here is the only place I've gained knowledge so thanks!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I want to do the springs to mine. I've only done the CAI and just got the crank pulley and waiting to the weekend to put it on. I've put springs on previous vehilces and they haven't been bad before so I'll probably do it myself. Thanks for the pictures and write up, great job! Now to order some springs. Anyone have anywhere they reccomend? I've only had my Juke for a month and reading here is the only place I've gained knowledge so thanks!
I got a set from autoanything.com for 250$ shipped. That was the cheapest I found a set after a good amount of time spent looking on the internet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks to you guys for all this information I just ordered a set for my AWD which usually costs 276.95. I put in a code to save 15% and my cost was $235.41 shipped to my house for free. Could not ask for a better deal from Autoanything. I appreciate everyone's input on this topic. Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks to you guys for all this information I just ordered a set for my AWD which usually costs 276.95. I put in a code to save 15% and my cost was $235.41 shipped to my house for free. Could not ask for a better deal from Autoanything. I appreciate everyone's input on this topic. Thanks.
Dang, wish mine was 15% but it was only 10% that's why they were 250. But no problem!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my alignment yesterday. They did need Camber bolts in the front to get the camber where I wanted it. I asked for a "street Performance" set up. The car feels really good. I'm very happy with the Eibach's. No harsh ride and turn in feels much better and a lot less squatting and diving under acceleration and braking.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got my alignment yesterday. They did need Camber bolts in the front to get the camber where I wanted it. I asked for a "street Performance" set up. The car feels really good. I'm very happy with the Eibach's. No harsh ride and turn in feels much better and a lot less squatting and diving under acceleration and braking.
Would you be able to post your alignment specs? Just curious what they have it set at.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
That's interesting to hear that chamber adjustments were needed after Eibach spring install on the AWD....After installing my Eibach's on my MT FWD chamber remained in spec and no chamber bolts or readjustment was needed....

FYI...

Specs taken from Juke Quick Reference Chart Manual:
Publication No. SM1E-1F15U1

Juke FWD & AWD Front Camber Specs:
Minimum
(–1.16°)
Nominal (–0.42°)
Maximum (+0.33°)

Juke FWD
Rear Camber Specs:
Minimum
(–2.01°)