Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting this noise coming from the engine, sounds like a bearing on one of the pulleys, it's causing the engine to vibrate and the belt wobbles side to side. The noise it there whilst idling, will fade out with a slight rev but will be prominent whilst in gear and driving.

Any idea which pulley is likely to go first? I don't think it's the alternator as I'm having no battery issues, it's got 52k on the clock so water pump and cambelt are due. I'm hoping it's the tension pulley.

It's a 2015 (65 plate) Nissan Juke Tekna 1.5dci

Whilst I'm here, my cruise control/speed limiter do not work. The cruise/limiter buttons turn on (green symbol on dash), but the up and down toggle does nothing at all. Steering wheel buttons don't look damaged so maybe the brake or clutch switch? I hope ?

·
Administrator
11,906 Posts
Get the belt fixed first. It could be any of the pulleys or the tensioner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the belt fixed first. It could be any of the pulleys or the tensioner.
Had it in the garage today, they said they can't find the cause of the noise. They took the belt off and ran engine, no noise. He said all the pulleys are fine but the belt is a little worn. I know the belt isn't going to cause the worn bearing like noise I'm hearing.

If the aux belt is off whilst the engine is running and there's no noise, I'm assuming the cambelt is not at fault, right?

I had it in for a full service and glow plugs 2 weeks ago so I'm now thinking they left something loose and there's a rattle. ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts