Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
another pretty darn good review. and nice to see it in the electric blue, a color I like.

ETA: 7 pages of comments today alone, and it's amazing: it's all hate/love, nothing in between. All these "carisfugly" people are the same people who buy ridiculous flashy big vehicles that aren't worth a damn, because they're look good or macho or whatever. Use your head people!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another pretty darn good review. and nice to see it in the electric blue, a color I like.

ETA: 7 pages of comments today alone, and it's amazing: it's all hate/love, nothing in between. All these "carisfugly" people are the same people who buy ridiculous flashy big vehicles that aren't worth a damn, because they're look good or macho or whatever. Use your head people!
Haha! Well, they are all internet nerds who drive Civic SIs. Booring.

Here is another review. You guys might have seen it, but here it is.

2011 Nissan Juke Full Test.*

It was linked elsewhere but this is also a pretty positive full review. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Haha! Well, they are all internet nerds who drive Civic SIs. Booring.

It was linked elsewhere but this is also a pretty positive full review. :)
Civic SI's are actually pretty quick cars. Its not the cars that are the problem with most Civics. Its the actual owners. I've seen near bone stock 8th gen Civic SI's run laps around BMW's with inexperienced drivers at the race track.

Theres mainly two types of people that buy cars. First is people that buy cars because of what they can do regardless of what the car looks like. Second is people that buy cars because of how the look regardless of how crappy the car performs. The people that buy a car for what it can do are usually the people that will like the Juke while the other type of car buyers are people that will hate the Juke. Personally I don't really like the looks of the Juke in stock form. But for what it can do and the MSRP of the Juke its hard not to want one. Plus you can always improve the looks of the Juke with the right amount of money.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Damn! Now I'm totally in love with the Electric Blue from the pix in that Autoblog First drive shoot! Loving the two tone interior as well!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Civic SI's are actually pretty quick cars. Its not the cars that are the problem with most Civics. Its the actual owners. I've seen near bone stock 8th gen Civic SI's run laps around BMW's with inexperienced drivers at the race track.

Theres mainly two types of people that buy cars. First is people that buy cars because of what they can do regardless of what the car looks like. Second is people that buy cars because of how the look regardless of how crappy the car performs. The people that buy a car for what it can do are usually the people that will like the Juke while the other type of car buyers are people that will hate the Juke. Personally I don't really like the looks of the Juke in stock form. But for what it can do and the MSRP of the Juke its hard not to want one. Plus you can always improve the looks of the Juke with the right amount of money.
It depends. I'm an enthusiast and drive a 350z, love to drive fast, but from an economical standpoint its not in the cards to buy for performance -- the Juke isn't a sports car and its just right in there with the performance of other 'sporty econoboxes', but im buying (when my 350z lease is up) based on the overall featureset, fuel economy, 'quirkyness', and AWD (i've since moved from Southern California to the Pacific Northwest).

I agree it's all about the driver, the Civic SI is again another sporty economical coupe, but its no where near sports-car status. Just don't try to tell the owners that (it does, after all have VTEC, bro.)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
its just right in there with the performance of other 'sporty econoboxes',
curious as to what "sporty econoboxes" you are comparing it to.

and, ha! had a dream last night I was driving a car with a standard. Which car, I'm not sure . . .

·
Premium Member
903 Posts

I think the poeple who buy the juke are the ones who want to be driffrent. And the nice thing is that is has some more power then the usual. So I think Nissan has created the best of both worlds

About the civic drivers: pls, If I was driving a BMW I would let them pass, just to let them feel the are going fast :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
people need to stop comparing the juke to other cars. we all know already its not a sports car. but its definitely not a slow pos either. its practical, unique, and "fast enough" to have fun.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
curious as to what "sporty econoboxes" you are comparing it to.

and, ha! had a dream last night I was driving a car with a standard. Which car, I'm not sure . . .
The ~$20k and 160-200hp segment that targets people looking for a dash of fun in an otherwise economically sound vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
of which there are very few. Mazda3 hatchback, VW Jetta and GTI, and . .. maybe one Suzuki and one Mitsu, right?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
ah! thanks--I didn't even realize the tc came as a hatchback. Guess I wasn't looking at it at all 'cause CR says of the tC: "The Scion tC is not recommended due to the lack of ESC and unimpressive IIHS crash tests." (but I'm sure that's the 2010 model).

I'd rather have an Xb anyway and have considered that as part of a 2-vehicle system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts