Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So far, the biggest criticism were made from this guy.

1) He complained about the suspension was a bit jittery.
(His version was the front wheel drive version, since it was a stick and their suspension package isn't that great compared to the more complex AWD set up).

2) Plastics are hard to the touch in the cabin

3) LED was just a bit gimmicky and hard to see while driving which displays A/C and suspension setting.

4) Rear seat not fair to people 5'10" and up.

5) Acceleration noise (turbo) he felt got a bit annoying at times.

6) Steering felt numb.

= If he wants better he'll have to pay 2-3x's amount.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
they always complain about the hard plastics. But all economy/compact cars have it.

and most of us wouldn't know what a "jittery" ride or a "numb" steering wheel would feel, anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
he said fwd complaint but he was driving a turbo version... but turbo only comes with awd...something doesnt add up..

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
we're only supposed to get the one engine in the States, and that is the turbocharged one, whether FWD or AWD

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for posting. Some of those things are expected from a low priced small 4 cyl car, like hard plastic, noisy engine, headroom....Some are and some are just personal taste.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A good review overall, but I agree with the above. Some car reviewers expect too much out of an econo box. You can't compare apples to oranges, and this guy seems to be used to luxury cars, not something in the same class as the Juke.

Juke

·
Registered
4 Posts
they always complain about the hard plastics. But all economy/compact cars have it.

and most of us wouldn't know what a "jittery" ride or a "numb" steering wheel would feel, anyway.
You can actually get a gti for 23-24 grand. Which is under the fully loaded price of the juke. Not really a direct comparison, but the gti interior is by far best in class. Better than most cars costing 10 grand more.

Anyone looking for a sporty car will know what numb steering is. Go drive a ford escape and then a hyundai tucson back to back. The difference in steering feel is night and day.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
but the GTI (which I haven't looked at yet) is considered a "premium" car, from what I understand. Maybe because it needs premium fuel? :(

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but the GTI (which I haven't looked at yet) is considered a "premium" car, from what I understand. Maybe because it needs premium fuel? :(
The Juke having a turbo most likely will require prem. fuel.
I never personally owned a turbo but that's what I've been told.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's a new generation of turbo engine, no noise, no brutality.
Hard plastics on Juke are better than on Micra or Qashqai (rogue in us i think) and for me are good quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought the review was good but most of us probably will feel it's a fun car to drive than a standard small car, with better than average small car amenities and it stands out in styling! I can't wait to actually drive one...not sure how you can buy one without driving it first and seeing how it feels and the cargo capacity. I had a turbo engine on my Mazda CX7 and it suggested premium but there was some controversey whether it needed the premium gas or not....best to put in premium which I did. Luckily it's a small car and it will have better gas mileage so premium won't feel like a big ouch!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts