Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the brand new Regional Juke Owner's section - AUSTRALIA. Let's hear from you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for adding this Regional Section.

I see quite a few Jukes in my local area, I belonged to a Modern Mopar group, but since upgrading to my Juke but no luck locating a social car group for them here in Oz.

Perhaps this will help start one.

Julie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Julie and fellow Aussies.

I'll be a Juke owner sometime next week - Ti-S AWD in Ivory White. I've seen a couple here in Sydney, but they still seem pretty rare which I kind of like. Though I suspect Jukes will become super popular in the next year or so once word gets out of just how high and fun they are to drive.

I'll introduce myself in the main forum once I have the car. Looks like we have NSW, Vic and Qld in here so far :p

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Julie and fellow Aussies.

I'll be a Juke owner sometime next week - Ti-S AWD in Ivory White. I've seen a couple here in Sydney, but they still seem pretty rare which I kind of like. Though I suspect Jukes will become super popular in the next year or so once word gets out of just how high and fun they are to drive.

I'll introduce myself in the main forum once I have the car. Looks like we have NSW, Vic and Qld in here so far :p
Welcome to the forum, g3!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Add another Vic member.
Crikey we are a rare breed here in Aus.

Check out my ride "Skeeta" (named after the AFL Essendon football club mascot ) in the garage.
Pardon the pun as I did actually take them in my garage

As for parts Ebay has been my friend. But hope to get leads from NISMO enthusiasts for suppliers overseas.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of great information here, Dodgy. I get most of my Nismo/Cusco/Impul/aftermarket parts from Japex Trading (Nathan Orchard) who sells parts in either yen or Oz dollars. You've probably seen his listing on EBay. If you email him direct he has always beat even his own listed prices. Exceptional shipping rates from Japan to North America even for bulky or heavy items.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Melbourne here - with a 2WD TI-S Manual

Was extremely happy for 13 months and was then rear ended by Tradie with a bullbar - now 10 weeks into the repair process and an estimated 6 weeks still to go because Nissan Australia doesn't have the spare parts.

The other parties insurance has now agreed to covering hire car - - - but its just not the same :-(

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Melbourne here - with a 2WD TI-S Manual

Was extremely happy for 13 months and was then rear ended by Tradie with a bullbar - now 10 weeks into the repair process and an estimated 6 weeks still to go because Nissan Australia doesn't have the spare parts.

The other parties insurance has now agreed to covering hire car - - - but its just not the same :-(

Welcome to the forum, navarre. Hope the accident woes disappear sooner than later!

·
Registered
21 Posts
CDN Juke RS
Will check out Japex as there are a few parts on your build that I do quite like.
I have another build getting started and have ordered similar parts to yours (eta for completion of that one is Aug 17 ) ,
Just didn't know you could get the same sort of parts for a Juke

Navaree
You would not believe the trouble I went through to get insurance. Oh I'm a rating 1 driver so that wasn't the problem.
7/9 insurance companies couldn't comprehend what I paid for the car with all the extras. the top price for one company was 9k less then what I paid for it , but said they would replace the car same for same if it was deemed a total loss within 2 years, when I asked how they would do that for the sum insured they could not answer.
Shannon's came to the party and RACV did also on the second call by getting their programmers to override the back end of their system to allow a higher value.
Hope they get it right for you.
I also had a look around for a Nissan car club and found one on face book based in North/North Eastern Suburbs VIC (NCCA) Manningham and Wattle tree I believe they have a xmas gig on this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CDN Juke RS
Will check out Japex as there are a few parts on your build that I do quite like.
I have another build getting started and have ordered similar parts to yours (eta for completion of that one is Aug 17 ) ,
Just didn't know you could get the same sort of parts for a Juke...

Nathan Orchard at Japex Trading seems to be able to get any/all Japanese Domestic Market/Aftermarket parts. When you look at his Juke items on Ebay - it is really only a fraction of what is possible to acquire. He also directly communicates with these companies - so if you have any questions as to dimensions or how the item is attached or lead time etc - he can get very good english answers - which is very helpful.

Here is his direct contact info:

Nathan Orchard
Japex Ltd.
[email protected]
www.japextrading.com
www.biddingninja.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good to see some other aussies on here. I see a few Jukes in my local area. Would be nice to get a few together and have a run somewhere like I did with my Mopar buddies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all!

Just checking in. Hope you've all had a fantastic Xmas/NY. I took delivery of my 2016 Ti-S in Ivory just before Xmas several weeks later than expected due to some sort of insect problem with the inbound ship. I cannot imagine myself ever wanting anything other than a Juke ever again. It was the easiest car to adapt to and suits me perfectly.

My partner's novated lease was due for replacement in January. He got bitten by the Juke bug during my test drive and found a black 2015 ex-demo Ti-S locally. So yes, we now have two Jukes in our garage and partake in our own "Juke parades". Some might think it's silly we have matching cars but sharing wasn't an option for us and the Juke suits us both. Nothing else in the compact SUV class came close to the features or power and we have no need for anything big. Plus it has been a lot of fun learning all the features and tricks together.

Hope you have your Juke back Dodgy Bloke? And thank you for the welcome and parts information CDN.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...Some might think it's silly we have matching cars but sharing wasn't an option for us and the Juke suits us both. Nothing else in the compact SUV class came close to the features or power and we have no need for anything big. Plus it has been a lot of fun learning all the features and tricks together...
Awesome! Welcome to the forum g3! Let's see a picture of the twins!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good year so far !

Silly question , but the display shows 3 items on the centre console with the selectable drive mode
Engine
STRG ---- What does this represent ????
Climate

Skeeta the juke goes in the shop to have my front under spoiler and tailgate spoiler painted and installed this week.
Also going to ask them to do some custom paint work on the grill.
Ill post photos in the coming week or so

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Would love to see what kind of front under spoiler you get.

Good year so far !

Silly question , but the display shows 3 items on the centre console with the selectable drive mode
Engine
Climate

Skeeta the juke goes in the shop to have my front under spoiler and tailgate spoiler painted and installed this week.
Also going to ask them to do some custom paint work on the grill.
Ill post photos in the coming week or so

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
STRG Hmmm. North Americans just get Climate and Engine on the ICON system display. "Engine" breaks down into Sport, Normal, and Eco modes.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Engine
Climate...
Dodgy - Your Juke is a 2016. Tell me you have a manual in that glove box- because now I'm curious what this STRG is.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts