Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

There are times where the audio will cut out completely, for maybe half a minute or so, sometimes multiple times a journey. I mostly listen to Bluetooth connected to my phone, but even when this cuts out, and I switch to e.g. radio or CD player, nothing plays! I try turning the audio system on and off several times, and eventually it may come back on. When the song continues from my phone, it usually carries on later than from when it stopped (i.e. the phone still thinks it's 'playing'). Sometimes turning the audio system off and on too many times causes the whole screen or system to reset, which is a pain if I'm using satnav because this goes off too of course. Also when I'm on a phonecall, the conversation will cut randomly too.

Is there any way this can be fixed? There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when this happens. There are times it doesn't happen for days, other times it happens everyday or multiple times a day. I don't think it's necessarily a temperature related issue as the temperature in UK is never really in the extremes and doesn't vary THAT much.

I don't normally listen to radio or CD, so I have no idea if this only occurs when listening via Bluetooth first and just happens to disrupt the radio and CD audio as well after it cuts out.

Thanks if you can help!

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Are you under warranty?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hello,

There are times where the audio will cut out completely, for maybe half a minute or so, sometimes multiple times a journey. I mostly listen to Bluetooth connected to my phone, but even when this cuts out, and I switch to e.g. radio or CD player, nothing plays! I try turning the audio system on and off several times, and eventually it may come back on. When the song continues from my phone, it usually carries on later than from when it stopped (i.e. the phone still thinks it's 'playing'). Sometimes turning the audio system off and on too many times causes the whole screen or system to reset, which is a pain if I'm using satnav because this goes off too of course. Also when I'm on a phonecall, the conversation will cut randomly too.

Is there any way this can be fixed? There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when this happens. There are times it doesn't happen for days, other times it happens everyday or multiple times a day. I don't think it's necessarily a temperature related issue as the temperature in UK is never really in the extremes and doesn't vary THAT much.

I don't normally listen to radio or CD, so I have no idea if this only occurs when listening via Bluetooth first and just happens to disrupt the radio and CD audio as well after it cuts out.

Thanks if you can help!
Yea radio's aren't serviceable. Hopefully you are under warrenty if not. No fear it just means it's time to upgrade your radio with a quality aftermarket one.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our Juke is also doing this. We thought it’s was DAB signal related but now listening to CDs and aux do it too, the CD is being read because the track time carries on counting, this info comes from the CD not the stereo itself, so it’s just sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our Juke is also doing this. We thought it’s was DAB signal related but now listening to CDs and aux do it too, the CD is being read because the track time carries on counting, this info comes from the CD not the stereo itself, so it’s just sound.
That's exactly what mine is doing, I've got it booked in for an update in a couple of days so will let you know.
I have found that the radio (FM) doesn't cut out as much but the Dab, CD and Alexa all do, more and more!

·
Registered
7 Posts

This guy is very interesting, I've already phoned customer service and they said yes its a free update.
Will be booking in at local Nissan on Monday. I think he is talking about Quashqai but principle is the same and Nissan customer service confirmed the reg number of our Juke is applicable for it. FREE, DO NOT GO STRAIGHT TO DEALER, THEY MAY CHARGE YOU FOR DIAGNOSTICS.

·
Registered
4 Posts

This guy is very interesting, I've already phoned customer service and they said yes its a free update.
Will be booking in at local Nissan on Monday. I think he is talking about Quashqai but principle is the same and Nissan customer service confirmed the reg number of our Juke is applicable for it. FREE, DO NOT GO STRAIGHT TO DEALER, THEY MAY CHARGE YOU FOR DIAGNOSTICS.
I emailed Nissan directly, they were quick to respond
Dear Mr Smith,

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your Nissan.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing technical difficulties with your infotainment system.

We recommend that you contact your local Nissan dealership to book the vehicle in for a free software update, the details of which the dealership should have under a technical bulletin available to them on their systems.

Please ask the dealer directly for a software update related to the DAB system, mention that you are not asking for a diagnostic of the radio unit.

If the dealership is asking you to pay for diagnostics before completing the free software update, or they are attempting to charge you for the software update please contact us back with the name and address of the dealership and person you have talked to.

If a software update has previously already been installed on the vehicle relating to the DAB unit you might have to pay for a diagnostic fee, but this will depend on the dealership.

If the problem persists after the update, please note that a diagnostic might need to take place and you might be charged with the cost of it.

For contact details for your local Nissan Dealership, please visit the following link:

Find a Dealer | Nissan Car Dealerships | Nissan

If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provided below.

Yours Sincerely,

·
Registered
4 Posts

Update complete, D605 update and has worked :)
Remember it is also FREE!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Thanks if you can help!
Hi, i had the same problem. I find out the problem is a Bluetooth, if you turn off BT in your phone or in car radio the radio stop cuts off . I upgraded radio firmware but didn’t help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

Thanks if you can help!
Hi Angela,

There is a free firmware update which totally cures this fault. There is a glitch in the original firmware.
Phone Nissan customer service for the country you live in (I'm UK so now joined the UK forum). Tell them about the fault and get them to direct you to your dealer who will update it for free. Mine hasn't done it once since it was updated.
Check out a YouTube video by the Qashqai Guy - "Nissan with stereo issues, don't get stung by your...."
(Sorry can't copy the link. The guy has glasses if this helps).
Nissan dealers know about the update, but don't let them tell you it needs diagnostics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Thanks if you can help!
Had same problems tried everything then watched YouTube told to contact nissan customer services 03301231231. I did this they checked i needed radio update they gave me a ref no to book it in free of charge had it done now seems fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to all that contributed to this post!
I found the full D605 update files (3.8GB unpacked) here to update my Connect 3 system:

It took 54 minutes to complete the update while following the PDF instructions, using a 32GB USB drive formatted to FAT32 and leaving the engine running during the update.

I went from software vD302:
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Font Radio

to vD605:
Font Gas Electronic device Multimedia Electric blue

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts