Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1801 - 1820 of 1826 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bought this FWD SV 6spd in 2013 in Denver and drove it back to Indpls, 1100 mi. I babied the brand new engine by varying my speed and staying under 60 for 500 mi. Drove in NORMAL, using premium. Got 31.5 mph. I hand calc each tank full. I consistently get 31 mpg 70/30 highway/local driving. I get as much as 31.5 and as little as 28 mpg. This has remained stable over 6 years. I'm an aggressive, but conserving driver. I don't need to be first at red lights, but like to take curves at top speed. I gun it occassionally. I shift at 2500 rpm and D/S the same. 61K mi. I love this car.

·
Super Moderator
9,982 Posts
The Juke manual IS a fun car.

The AWD with vectoring is amazing too. Its too bad the Manual was never mated to the AWD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've never had better than 25mpg, w/cruise control on Interstate 5 in the flats, 2011sv AWD. barely scratch 20 during a normal week. I've heard earlier Juke's were worse than newer.

·
Super Moderator
1,615 Posts
yep sounds about right for earlier Jukes, and having an AWD doesn't help either.

·
Super Moderator
9,982 Posts
I've never had better than 25mpg, w/cruise control on Interstate 5 in the flats, 2011sv AWD. barely scratch 20 during a normal week. I've heard earlier Juke's were worse than newer.
Well someone will come in and say their Gen 1 will get 35mpg all the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,615 Posts
is there anything worth doing from a cost effective standpoint to make it better? Just curious why they got better as the years of production advanced.
There were a few service campaigns such as the fuel pressure sensor tightening. There may also be an ECU update. But nothing I know of specifically for fuel economy.

·
Super Moderator
9,982 Posts
Gen 2 Engines came out. They were designed to get more MPG.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well someone will come in and say their Gen 1 will get 35mpg all the time.
Dont think it will happen. Maybe if someone drives no more 50mph on a long stretch of country roads with little to no city driving in a really flat part of the country. Before I retired from the Corps, I had a 50 mile commute similar to those conditions and my Versa got phenomenal fuel mileage because I drove it like a miser. The Juke is horrible aerodynamically, so I dont expect any decent fuel numbers above 55.

·
Super Moderator
9,982 Posts
Dont think it will happen. Maybe if someone drives no more 50mph on a long stretch of country roads with little to no city driving in a really flat part of the country. Before I retired from the Corps, I had a 50 mile commute similar to those conditions and my Versa got phenomenal fuel mileage because I drove it like a miser. The Juke is horrible aerodynamically, so I dont expect any decent fuel numbers above 55.
I totally agree but there is a reason this thread is so long. I have never seen a platform with such MPG disparity in Gen 1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my mpg depends on my feet lol....if i never shift and hold the revs up (manual trans) or if i wait to lift off I'll get maybe 23-24, but if i drive normal (rare unless i am doing uber) i may get 27-28 mpg i do feel that i may squeeze a few more mpg just for being manual. Some claim the cvt (automatic) mpg might differ slightly and they'll get less mpg.

·
Super Moderator
9,982 Posts
I just got 23.3 mpg running around. Mixed driving. Thrashing. Etc. Why post the .3 .......

I have said this before and will say it again. The thing with any car and the Juke is the small tank per say. Its easy to be off 1/2 a gallon while filling up. That is 1.5mpg right there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do think that Nissan cheated because I haven't heard about any driver getting 27 or higher mpg in city conditions (some stops and idling, speed limit 25-45 miles, frequent turns).

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought my first Juke FWD 6 spd SV in 2013 and got 30mpg on 93 oct., regularly. It was totaled last week in a round-a-bout, by a woman in a 2013 Equniox who wasn't looking. I have the video and the total exoneration from both insurance co.s. Do I get my $500 deductible back? Yes! I picked up this 2017 Nismo FWD and drove it 1100mi from Austin to Indpls. Got about 28mpg (at 80mph). Next tank at 60-70mph and city driving I got 31mpg. YES!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I "heard" that the gas vs. mileage is not what the sticker says. For all of you out there that have a Juke, what kind of Mileage are you getting and what do you have?:eek:
I have a nismo rs 6 spd fwd get 30-32 mpg no matter how hard or easy I drive it. but I don't usually race or drive it hard all the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just got 23.3 mpg running around. Mixed driving. Thrashing. Etc. Why post the .3 .......

I have said this before and will say it again. The thing with any car and the Juke is the small tank per say. Its easy to be off 1/2 a gallon while filling up. That is 1.5mpg right there.
I haven't been on the site in a while, but I did learn a great tip from Ecomodder.com. when filling your tank up try to use the same station and the same pump is possible. Fill the tank at a rate of .1 gallons per second, counting in your head "one thousand one". When it clicks that it is full, rock the car a couple of times and let it settle for 30 seconds. Then start filling again at .1 gallons every two seconds. It will give you extremely consistent fills and more accurate mileage numbers. I have done it for years and have had good results with it comparing fill amounts with remaining levels on my ultra gauge. Just my thoughts. Inhave found the factory mileage calculations to be off by between 1 to 2 mpg. Could just be my car, but that is my standard

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found a way to get good gas mileage. Don't drive the car over 65 MPH on the highway. Once I started setting the cruise at 65 MPH I started getting much better mileage. I have not don't the math but I estimate I am getting about 28-30 MPG with a combination of cruising at 65 MPH and driving in rush hour traffic going 15-20 MPH.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have gotten anywhere from 18mpg hammering the boost in sport mode on the highway, to 38mpg in eco babying it on a hilly road. Massively depends on your drive setting and your driving style.

1801 - 1820 of 1826 Posts