Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1781 - 1800 of 1826 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Average mix 80/20 driving I'm getting 32.

Just did a 250 mile round trip the other day.

First half with a heavy set friend (400+ lbs), going about 70 MPH in ECO/FWD mode got 35 MPG. On the return without friend going at 65 MPH I got 41.6.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I "heard" that the gas vs. mileage is not what the sticker says. For all of you out there that have a Juke, what kind of Mileage are you getting and what do you have?:eek:
I have 2017 Nismo mt6 and consistently getting 32 to 42 in normal mode I have found mode don’t change mpg if you baby it. Right now onboard computer display reads 37.4

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I get 24.4 mpg mostly turnpike (80 mph) some in town driving. I have not seen anything better than 27mpg after tune and jukes are not geared well for any long distance cruising

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
lol I get 20 MPG on my 6 speed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
SV, Manual Transmission. I get about 24/27, I’m in a relatively flat area. Commuting to work is about a 12 mile drive, mostly on highways, and thats at the most 28 if I’ve been good to get there, but averages at 26. Driving during the lunch crowd I get about 24. Night time city, I can get around 25-26, highways at night w/ minimal traffic is about 27-28, keeping in mind that I drive in lower gears as well as very easy on the gas. Average is about 25.8-26.5 daily driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2013 Nismo AWD:
-avg 20-21mpg late for work in 'Sport' during a 55mile commute on the highway doing 75-95mph in traffic.
-avg 33-37mpg in 'Eco' on long, steady roads for 50 miles cruising at 35-55mph with no traffic.

Overall I avg 23-25ish, but that's my fault as I'm always in 'Sport' and in boost 😜

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Boost is the killer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah I have to disagree with Mac on this one, at least in my case. I did a week accelerating at under 2000 rpms, and then I did a week accelerating at 3500-4000 rpms and my mpg was pretty much identical. Making more power in situations where the engine has the load to use it is technically more efficient, and that's the whole point of the turbo, to get more power out of a small displacement engine.

To be fair, that was my CVT with 29.5" tires

The hilarious thing is that now I'm on 31" tires and I'm getting like 23-24mpg, which is the best mpg I've gotten I think ever. Somehow bigger tires looped around to being a fuel efficiency mod just due to the sheer circumference difference. I think there's a weight to diameter ratio that's starting to work in my favor with a little bit of CVT magic keeping my gear ratios in check.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Well lets just say. Getting out of negative vacuum is the killer for MPG.

Different tires, sizes, and tire patterns will change mpg for sure.

But as always. I have had more than a few platforms and the Juke is the only one where people get 10-15mpg more than others.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
There is a theory that I heard that I actually wanted to try but its a bit impractical. They say if you are to floor it until you hit your desired speed, its actually more efficient then driving like you own a Prius. Is it true? I dont know. But it sounds pretty fun.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
@Storm Trooper i actually did this on my last two tanks of gas. I drove like a grandma and did super slow and long acceleration as well as coasted more than I usually do. Coast on the uphills and slowly accelerate on the downhills. Never went above -6 in/hg vacuum as that is the “sweet spot” for my car and anything under that is 30mpg+ instantaneous fuel mileage. I ended up getting about 30.5 mpg on that tank. The next tank I drove like a bat out of hell from stop lights, stop signs, etc. in theory you spend more time at speed coasting rather than accelerating. The trade off though is your instantaneous fuel mileage is in the shitter more often than the average from driving like a grandma. I drove about 80% the same routes between the two tanks. The second tank I got about 27.2mpg. Hand calculated because the trip computer is a liar. What was interesting though is because the instantaneous fuel mileage takes a nose dive on acceleration, it pulls down the trip average fuel mileage but once you’re at speed, the average fuel mileage slightly recovers. Most noticeable on long interstate on ramps when WOT from 0-80 then merging into rush hour (moving) traffic.

EDIT: the second tank of gas brought more smiles to me and slightly fewer honks and one finger salutes. So I guess that’s worth giving up about 30 miles of range on a tank of gas.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Also on spirited drives, I accelerate way past the speed limit and then foot-off-the-gas coast until I get back to the correct speed, that coasting also helps make up for the difference in fuel efficiency. But all around, coasting as much as you can is a pretty good habit regardless.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
@Storm Trooper i actually did this on my last two tanks of gas. I drove like a grandma and did super slow and long acceleration as well as coasted more than I usually do. Coast on the uphills and slowly accelerate on the downhills. Never went above -6 in/hg vacuum as that is the “sweet spot” for my car and anything under that is 30mpg+ instantaneous fuel mileage. I ended up getting about 30.5 mpg on that tank. The next tank I drove like a bat out of hell from stop lights, stop signs, etc. in theory you spend more time at speed coasting rather than accelerating. The trade off though is your instantaneous fuel mileage is in the shitter more often than the average from driving like a grandma. I drove about 80% the same routes between the two tanks. The second tank I got about 27.2mpg. Hand calculated because the trip computer is a liar. What was interesting though is because the instantaneous fuel mileage takes a nose dive on acceleration, it pulls down the trip average fuel mileage but once you’re at speed, the average fuel mileage slightly recovers. Most noticeable on long interstate on ramps when WOT from 0-80 then merging into rush hour (moving) traffic.

EDIT: the second tank of gas brought more smiles to me and slightly fewer honks and one finger salutes. So I guess that’s worth giving up about 30 miles of range on a tank of gas.
I wish I could do the full throttle test out here. But there are way too many people living in SoCal, its just not possible. It takes most people out here a quarter mile to get up to 10 mph below the speed limit and by that time, you are at the next light. Cant even do it getting on the freeway since its always dead stopped. It would be a blast to do in the Evo since it does 45 mph in first gear and takes 1 second to get there but thanks to everyone else around, not happening. I will just have to take your word for it.

Back when I had the Juke, I would average about 45 mpg on the way to work, all down hill and coasting. On the way home, I would average 15 mpg. So ya, coasting definitely helps out!

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Fun fact. According to that Engineering Explained guy on Youtube. Coasting "IN" gear actually shuts off the fuel and results in better mpg as opposed to neutral which is technically idling. Thats for the manual guys.

BUT you dont coast as far in gear so who knows.

Whatever the case. Gen1 is worse than Gen2 cept for the RS. I get 20-22mpg. Haha. I dont coast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Juke S awd w/ 115k miles. I live in New Hampshire. I avg 23-25 city and drove 284 miles round trip through the mountains on I93.. got 31.5 mpg.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Thats decent Highway mpg. Most I got on my 2012 was 26.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Juke S awd w/ 115k miles. I live in New Hampshire. I avg 23-25 city and drove 284 miles round trip through the mountains on I93.. got 31.5 mpg.
whooaaahhh hold up. another juke in NH?!?!?!

ive only seen a handful of them in my 9 yrs of living here lol (maybe 6-7 really).

on topic. im getting 21 mpg. high octane. 'spirited' driving :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had never seen one before I bought it. Had it about 2 months and now have seen maybe 4. People comment on its looks.. I call it " the frog that roared".

1781 - 1800 of 1826 Posts