Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1,761 - 1,780 of 1,832 Posts
Thanks man, appreciate it.

When leaving a stop light with lots of traffic I put it in sport mode when needed and once I’m off the line I’ll kick it back to normal or Eco. Absolutely makes getting off the line a bit quicker.

I will try to find a link, however, somebody on the Altima or Rogue forums I believe did a fairly thorough and study of their fuel economy across the three different modes and claimed that Eco delivered the worst gas mileage of the three modes. Been a lot of discussion lately about results not being typical, so I dunno how much credence there is to this across the board but thought it was interesting.

EDIT- I think this was it. Third comment down. Not über-scientific but this person put some effort into his or her experiment.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/gen-2-rogue-eco-mode-t615614.html

Thanks man, appreciate it.

When leaving a stop light with lots of traffic I put it in sport mode when needed and once I’m off the line I’ll kick it back to normal or Eco. Absolutely makes getting off the line a bit quicker.

Thanks for sharing the link. The key I picked up on was he gave it more gas to get going in eco and less in Sport for the same feel. Driven for the same feel, the engine is doing nothing different between the two modes because it has to do the same work to accelerate equally, all else equal. Like the article said, the actual numbers when driving by feel were the same in eco and sport. I would gauge eco/normal/sport by using the same throttle input/amount, and that is where I believe eco would yield better numbers to whatever extent.

I was simply being “crafty” and using sport to squirt away from the stops better with the same throttle input as eco, then going by the info I read here that eco does lean out the fuel map slightly, and thus enjoy those gains once rolling along.

That is crafty! I have about 1200 miles to drive next week, I will have to play around with it. Then again, I also have the Injen throttle controller installes, so there is a dizzying number of combinations with relatively arbirary differences I could toy with.

Took a trip from ct to the white mountains in NH. I calculated 37.9 mpg going which included very hilly terrain. Filled up before I left and filled up when I got home and was at 41mpg. Not to shabby. I was in eco mode.

I only average between 21-24ish mpgs, and my wife is lucky to get 22 in her RS.

I find it interesting how one Juke can get 20 mpg better than another. Above is prolly Gen 1 vs gen 2 but still.

oh God...not all this silliness again...LOL!!!!... I'm getting about 24-25mpg city and 28-30 hwy (consistently)...and btw..if your using your silly on board computer to make your snap judgements its already been established that its reading low by 2 mpg..

That sounds totally accurate as gen2 and 6 speed. Good numbers.

I used to get about 22-23 mpg and typically drove in regular mode but since installing the SRI and Injen cat delete/cat back exhaust I am now getting close to 25 mpg. And I have really been getting on it and driving in mostly sport mode. Definitely an improvement

Had our 2012 SL for 12,000-ish miles now. Daughter drives it as her high school daily driver. The range for mpg each time I check the gas mileage computer reads 25.4-27.1. Been down to the lower number over the winter and coming back up as it gets slowly warmer here in the front range of Colorado.

Love taking it for a drive every now and again.

I have a 2011 SL and only get about 22-23 MPG on average with regular gas. Gas mileage seems to have gotten progressively worse over time.
Change your CVT fluid and have Nissan dealer do a Induction cleaning. You should be using Premium or the Highest octane you can. Then you will gain back some MPGs

1,761 - 1,780 of 1,832 Posts