Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Anyone else get a check from Nissan for error?

82K views 424 replies 77 participants last post by  JerseyBina 
#1 ·
I just opened my mail and Nissan sent me a check! The letter said it was for marketing literature stating the incorrect gas tank capacity. Sweet I will take it! The SL AWD fuel capacity is really ugh................ 11.2 gallons!

#6 ·
OK, I do hope I get a check soon. It will go towards my coilovers...

#8 ·
Got mine ysterday and mentioned it in Dude's "Rebate Check" April Fools' thread.

I tried to upload the letter and have a few pretty good scans of it but no way to get a HQ scan uploaded to this forum.

#11 ·
The letter indicates it's just the AWD version. jwhazel asked me for the scan I made yesterday and is being kind enough to host it for the folks on the forum that still don't believe it. :p

#13 ·
400 smackaroos. Not really worth it IMO if the smaller tank is a big hassle for you but if you already knew about the smaller tank, then it's just free cash with no strings attached..I can't turn down free cash!

#14 ·
Very interesting letter. I especially liked the part where they offer to buy your car back if the check isn't good enough compensation. I know 1 board member who would sell it back.

#16 ·
Wait a minute,, so this is real. I didnt get Sh1t. I have an AWD..
B1tch betta have my Money!!!!

Seriously though.. This is for everyone who has an AWD?
LOL. I'm not sure if there is a cut off based on purchase date but give it a few days to arrive. I believe the checks only got mailed out a few days ago. I'm in TN and got mine yesterday from NNA in Franklin, TN; Scottieb is in IL and got it today.

Delivery is at the mercy of USPS. BTW, will USPS shut down if the "gubmint" shuts down Friday? That would suck!

#35 · (Edited)
This is no BS. I called Nissan USA once the scanned letter was posted. She read the same letter word by word to me over the phone. She also stated that the letters are going out in groups starting april 4th and continuing for a few months till everyone affected recieves it.. My april fools post was just that. A joke, but this isnt. If some people do not believe it, Just call nissans consumer line and they will verify it. the rebate check and/or buyback is real. I told her our window sticker at the time of purchase says the 13 gal. tank on our Juke, and she said we will be receiving the same letter at some point in time.

Nissan Consumer AffairsP.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.,
Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

#36 ·
Ok then I now see there are believers! I am splitt on what to do. I do like the Juke, but do I want some thing else is the question. Going in Monday for hip replacement so I will have plenty of tiime to thnk about it I guess. I only have 3000 miles on it so I would think I could get a decent buy back offer but who know it might s__k.

#38 · (Edited)
Lets share the buyback offer info once people get it. My concern is tax,lic, registration..etc. if the buyback is good enough that its just a small loss that would be the same as say the cost of leasing or a car over the period we have owned the Juke, we would jump on the buyback. If its a loss equal to trading the car in on another, with the big depreciation loss, then no, we couldn't afford that hit. A 3g loss on dumping the Juke isnt worth it really. We are working on our letter to nissan today to send back.

#37 ·
So my first post calling it blasphemous is now a thing of blasphemy!?! I have an AWD and kept my sticker so now I'm going to have to see what mine says...it's interesting the option to have them credit towards a new vehicle!

#39 ·
It's funny to me how when I read the part about the buyback I immediately thought to my self "unload this thing now". Why? Does this mean i've been trying to convince myself for the past month and a half that i love the juke, when in fact, i'm not really happy with it? I guess I just miss my FJ Cruiser (but not it's MPG's). I hate how this is playing with my head. I really feel like my main gripe with the juke at this point is, in fact, the tank size and not really the MPGS. Because I have to fill up once or twice a week now, I still feel like i'm taking it at the pump, even though my gas mileage is so much better than my last truck. Yeah, this isnt a MPG post, but I'm really torn as to why my gut instinct is to cut and run from the juke at this point. I know that wont happen because I'm sure I would stand to lose out on the deal. I'll gladly cash a $400 check though, I need a new computer and that's a start....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.