Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
201 - 220 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Do they give you full value towards the trade? Isn't the GTI 20k new?
No...most new vehicle devalue 15% and upwards from their value the moment you drive it off the lot. My good fortune, this GTI was listed like 2k below what they are going for. I was also able to score a lower finance rate than what I was paying for the Juke, so I actually ended up on the positive side as a result. And with the $400 check, that's just more gravy. See my Juke had 10,000 miles so with Nissan's deal, I would have already been in the hole $2,000 (they charge .20/mile), plus whatever else they were gonna dock me for (I had the Stillen exhaust installed, and had disposed of the oem muffler). If I did that route, I would have had to pay taxes on the entire value of the GTI (over $2,000 plus finance charges on a greater total). With trade, I paid roughly $60 in taxes, because when you trade in a vehicle, you only pay taxes on the difference between their worth

The next problem with Nissan's deal was that I would take a few weeks and have been without a car when they finalized all the paperwork. So if anybody is thinking of taking the deal, think long and hard because it could end up costing you more

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just the simple fact that Nissan has admitted and took action to a problem that in most people's eyes is just an honest mistake shows that they are a decent company that actually gives a sh1t about its customers.. Does any of you opting for the buy back realize that these cars that you are rushing to buy are owned by companies that may or MAY NOT step to the plate like this in the near or far future.. Just saying, that would be piece of mind enough to stay with Nissan for me.

Amazes me how some people were so damn excited to buy this thing and in the drop of a dime are willing to throw it in the trash because of a simple error that was acknowledged and was in my opinion handled above and beyond what most companies these days would do.
Petro, you are my new favorite forum member!

As newly converted member of the "Nissan brand faithful", I am happy to see Nissan continuing to provide excellent customer service through decisive action and significant conciliatory measures. There might be individual dealers who make things difficult for some people, but once the Nissan corporate types identify a problem, you can rest assured appropriate action will be taken.

This rebate/buyback program only reinforces my confidence that we have made the right decision by choosing a Nissan and we will be standing by them just as they are standing by all of us. The fuel tank size typo was a minor mistake and they are taking major action. I admire that.

TSBs on most of the "first production year" annoyances have been released and there is no reason to believe that they won't all be addressed. Niggles were to be expected, if anyone was soured on the car because of a mild case of them, they probably had no business buying a Juke in the first place. Not everyone has the patience or nerves for it. Fortunately for them, and those who didn't do their homework, or didn't drive the Juke long enough before buying, or those who are very trendy and are already bored of their Juke, this fuel tank size deal offers an easy way out. I suggest they take it. I do not fault those who accept Nissan's buyback offer for whatever reason (I am particularly happy for Dude since his Juke actually was a bit of a heap) and I hope they all find a car they can love as much as we love our Juke!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I can not stand those Cuisinart wheels! Especially since they put such nice ones on the Golf TDI. Other than that, it looks good, the seats are very comfortable too.
Lol...when they first came out, I didn't like them either. But as an overall package, with the Red brake calipers, 18" and, lowered look, they've grown on me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I called today spoke to a very friendly Michelle she was even going beyond the buyback to another Nissan she offered me a employee discount on the new car purchase if I stay with Nissan. I am really kind of stuck on the tech orange Kia sportage.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If I do let it go I'll most likely be in a another Nissan, they have been pretty good to me over the years.

Mazda and VW .... good cars, but I can tell you they have their issues as well, but I'll keep that to myself.

Good luck with your new cars!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have been with Nissan fir my past 4 vehicles. First for the fact that they just seem to offer something different and fun to me. Although I can't vouch for any other company as far as these matters go. I can say I will do so for Nissan . I have had pretty good luck with the company as a whole. Some dealerships were morons , but the company usually steps to the plate . It seems that most people that are opting for the buy back were never totally sold on the whole philosophy in the first place. . I have my gripes with the juke. I think a lot could be different. But such as a relationship goes you take what you love and figure the bothersome stuff is just secondary.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Mazda and VW .... good cars, but I can tell you they have their issues as well, but I'll keep that to myself.
Like soot on the back of the car everyday from the dual exhausts. I better stock up on spray cleaner and shop towels :) if you think the jukes tail pipe gets black, you aint seen a speed3 after 100 miles. Where does that stuff come from:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm up in Washington...haven't received a check yet.
I am also in Washington and have not received a check -I am definitely taking the buy back! I love my Juke, but my attention span is very low and I welcome the opportunity to buy another car!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have been with Nissan fir my past 4 vehicles. First for the fact that they just seem to offer something different and fun to me. Although I can't vouch for any other company as far as these matters go. I can say I will do so for Nissan . I have had pretty good luck with the company as a whole. Some dealerships were morons , but the company usually steps to the plate . It seems that most people that are opting for the buy back were never totally sold on the whole philosophy in the first place. . I have my gripes with the juke. I think a lot could be different. But such as a relationship goes you take what you love and figure the bothersome stuff is just secondary.
My last 5 cars including the Juke were all Nissan products, 2 were Infinitis, so I think it's safe to say that I love Nissans. That being said, I'm not sure what philosophy you are referring to, but the Juke is advertised as being sporty, and fuel efficient, and from my experience they failed miserably with the latter. Don't believe that they market fuel efficiency as much as performance, go to their website right now and see what's posted for the Juke's MPG, in BOLD (27 City/32 Hwy). Those numbers are far and away OVERLY AMBITIOUS, especially if the Juke is driven in the sporty manner that they advertise. I had roughly 10,000 miles of proof so nobody can tell me different.

The vehicle I traded for the Juke (FX50S) averaged 16mpg, and I averaged 20-21 with the Juke. Better than my FX, but a far cry from the 25mpg that I should have at least been getting. When I chose the Juke, performance, style, and fuel economy were at the top of my list, and with rising fuel costs, I started getting more and more annoyed at the crappy gas mileage.

I had a lotta fun with the Juke and will miss it's AWD-V and funky style most of all, but it just had to go. So far, I'm very happy with my decision.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Question: With this buy back are you guys going to take a hit and only get back the cost minus mileage useage?? I couldn't think of another car I'd prefer more for price point and performance than the Juke right now...I'd take the $400 and apply it for more mods!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I want my $400 too!!! I.. umm... I bought a 6spd FWD because... umm... I REALLY WANTED the AWD but when I saw that it has a 13 gallon tank I thought ... uh... I thought that extra 14lbs would make the car too heavy. Yes! That's it! Too Heavy! So I bought the FWD instead. If I would have known that the AWD really had a 11 gallon tank I would certainly have went with it!

Dag nab it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I want my $400 too!!! I.. umm... I bought a 6spd FWD because... umm... I REALLY WANTED the AWD but when I saw that it has a 13 gallon tank I thought ... uh... I thought that extra 14lbs would make the car too heavy. Yes! That's it! Too Heavy! So I bought the FWD instead. If I would have known that the AWD really had a 11 gallon tank I would certainly have went with it!

Dag nab it!
Wouldnt you just not fill it all the way and get the same weight (aprox.)

·
Registered
777 Posts
My last 5 cars including the Juke were all Nissan products, 2 were Infinitis, so I think it's safe to say that I love Nissans. That being said, I'm not sure what philosophy you are referring to, but the Juke is advertised as being sporty, and fuel efficient, and from my experience they failed miserably with the latter. Don't believe that they market fuel efficiency as much as performance, go to their website right now and see what's posted for the Juke's MPG, in BOLD (27 City/32 Hwy). Those numbers are far and away OVERLY AMBITIOUS, especially if the Juke is driven in the sporty manner that they advertise. I had roughly 10,000 miles of proof so nobody can tell me different.

The vehicle I traded for the Juke (FX50S) averaged 16mpg, and I averaged 20-21 with the Juke. Better than my FX, but a far cry from the 25mpg that I should have at least been getting. When I chose the Juke, performance, style, and fuel economy were at the top of my list, and with rising fuel costs, I started getting more and more annoyed at the crappy gas mileage.

I had a lotta fun with the Juke and will miss it's AWD-V and funky style most of all, but it just had to go. So far, I'm very happy with my decision.
Same reasons here. When I could almost match the mpg with my f150 somethings terribly wrong. And when I can double the performance for the same price in another car, it was a no brainer decision. I too will miss the awd and attention (good or bad) the car draws.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Question: With this buy back are you guys going to take a hit and only get back the cost minus mileage useage?? I couldn't think of another car I'd prefer more for price point and performance than the Juke right now...I'd take the $400 and apply it for more mods!!
Total cost - .20 mile, if you had say 2000 miles on your car you get everything back except 400 bucks. If you read my other post however you can see *how* depending on trade in/financing , you could lose out on more.

·
Registered
777 Posts

Dag nab it!
But if you take the 165 dollar floor mats out of the AWD you get 7 lbs back. :D

201 - 220 of 425 Posts