Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see that showing the various slipping conditions. Since there is always a small amount of slippage between the belt and pulleys.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I've never seen an animation from Nissan of it but the slippage rates are well documented.

In terms of internal slippage at the belt element shoulders or what's occuring at the flanks due to speed differentials, kind of easy to visualize. But I suppose an accurate 3D-CAD assembly could help visualize whats' going on. The belt it-self is designed to run at incipient slippage so there is always some anyway and it's well tolerated.

If someone paid me I'd model it I guess....lol.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Closest I could find to an animation that shows exactly how a CVT system works......starts at 7:20 into the video.
Remember, an animation is not real world only an approximation of it. Mentions a few things about changing the CVT belt
at 60k miles which is somewhat ridiculous, but the rest he gets correct.

Go Scotty:

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The reason I asked about the animation is to show the ones that don't think there is any slippage, that there is some. Now I will watch that video.
You would think if someone watched that cvt portion of the video they could see the belts slide up and down those pulleys, and when they enter and exit tangent from the pulleys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.