Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I bought the new nissan juke in September. I noticed that from the top left corner of the driver's window it is heard air blowing when i go over 70km/h. No air enters inside the car. I went to the local dealer and he said that this is the aerodynamics of the car. I went to a local engineer and he told me that the air is coming in through the engine and finds the way through the window's seal to come out and this is the reason for the whistling.

Has anybody of you faced this issue? From what I have read in the forum, this is a problem that many cars faced mainly the previous model. Could you please assist me?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
On your HVAC controls, turn on air recirculating mode. This closes the damper that allows outside fresh air in. Then drive at speed and see if it still whistles. The fresh air intake for the HVAC should be the only way air can get into an otherwise closed cabin. If it is still whistling, then there could be a problem with a gasket around the window or the door. I had a car in the past where the air flowing over the side mirror would deflect just right and hit the window seal so whenever I drove at higher speeds I would have to open and close the window just briefly to let the gasket seal differently then the whistle would go away. It was truly the aerodynamics of the car and not a bad seal because I could pressure wash the window and door and never got water to penetrate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On your HVAC controls, turn on air recirculating mode. This closes the damper that allows outside fresh air in. Then drive at speed and see if it still whistles. The fresh air intake for the HVAC should be the only way air can get into an otherwise closed cabin. If it is still whistling, then there could be a problem with a gasket around the window or the door. I had a car in the past where the air flowing over the side mirror would deflect just right and hit the window seal so whenever I drove at higher speeds I would have to open and close the window just briefly to let the gasket seal differently then the whistle would go away. It was truly the aerodynamics of the car and not a bad seal because I could pressure wash the window and door and never got water to penetrate.
i have closed the A/C and still there is this problem. The thing is that where the door is connected with the front part there is gap and so air can pass through it. I will attach pictures later... Many times i have tried to open and close the window but nothing happened

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2015 Juke is the same when driving on the highway it sounds like one of the windows is cracked open and air is coming in but all windows are shut I chalk it up as poor sound deadening.
fo
Dear kev, i understand your issue but if it poor sound deadening, I assume that this problem would appear at least to all the models like yours. From what i have read so far it is just for some cars not for all models....

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Well if the sound gets louder with speed. It is an Aero/gasket problem.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I'm not sure how bad your noise is, but I can safely say every non luxury brand vehicle I've ever been in on the highway has a lot of wind noise. Kinda just the way it is. You can reduce it somewhat by installing sound dampening material but depending on what you go with it can be both messy and expensive.

I do feel the Juke is in general a noisy car, road noise and drivetrain noise.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm going to take a guess and say the side mirrors are causing this excessive wind noise. The side mirrors on the Gen 2 Jukes are BIG, that coupled with poor aerodynamic design and placement of the mirror is causing the effect which sounds like the windows are cracked open and wind is coming in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts