Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 NISMO with the base stereo. I'd like to add an aftermarket double-din, but retain the steering wheel controls, bluetooth and satellite radio. As I've been reading more and more about this, I was wondering what kind of adapters I would need for this. I've searched Crutchfield and come up with more questions.

Keeping Bluetooth option - does the new aftermarket radio utilize the existing bluetooth microphone/speaker that's already in the car or do you have to remount a new speaker?

Satellite XM/Sirius radio - car already has it with the stock radio, is an adapter needed with the new one (what to look for in a new radio for satellite)

Steering Wheel Controls - do most already have this capability with new radios, adapter needed?

Any good suggestions on inexpensive, non-nav double-dins with the above needs/wants?

·
Registered
34 Posts
After five years using the OEM stereo to run my system, I've had a Sony AX100 for three weeks now and can't believe I waited so long. One for my wife's Rogue should be arriving tonight.

As far as I know, it's not possible to continue using the factory bluetooth mic. In addition, you should unplug the factory bluetooth module.

I got the PAC SWI-CP2 from Crutchfield when I ordered the stereo but haven't been successful getting it to work yet. Originally Crutchfield told me I just needed to plug the 3.5mm plug into the remote input in the back of the Sony, but I need to tap into the factory bluetooth module wiring like the instructions guide you to. I'll be doing that this weekend. This video that details the process. I'll be using posi-taps rather than soldering in so that it's easier to reverse when I sell the Juke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyJ_2yvUS18&t=347s&index=15&list=PL0wiM7MIwAVQJ5US_8v2Du_KuZ5KtFyyn

I'll be plugging in the handsfree mic when I install the handsfree. I plan to clip it near the rearview mirror along the headliner. And a good video on installing the mic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4LYpvRD6U

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts
A new radio is hands down better. You can sort of easily do the install yourself but I would get a shop to install it to make sure all the hands free and such is done right. Its worth the extra $$$

·
Registered
985 Posts
Aftermarket radio
swi-pic or maestro
sirius module
new mic - comes with stereo
upgrade door speakers
new reverse camera with ir lights
only adapter to buy is a harness adapter so you plug it in versus splicing wires

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
In my Stereo Overhaul thread I include a list of almost all parts and accessories I needed for the application. That included Bluetooth Mic, retaining Reverse Cam, & Steering wheel controls among other upgrades. I however never did retain SiriusXM as I found I didn't need the service. If the link in Cygnus's comment isn't a source for the adapters needed for retaining factory the XM ant, I know that info is around here somewhere else. I do recall doing the research for it, as I was once seriously considering it myself. At the time I was able to identify and locate the items needed. I just never pulled the trigger on that part of the project.

Are you doing the install yourself or having a pro do it? A reputable shop should have (or be able to obtain) everything needed.
As far as recommendations for the Head Unit...I'd suggest Kenwood brand. Scan Crutchfield's double dins and use the filters to include the feature's you'd like. DVD, Android/Apple compatibility, Pre-Amps outs, USB Inputs, rear cam, etc. Keep in mind possible future upgrades for amps and such.
Good luck and let us know how everything goes.

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts
Absolutely outstanding thread. I made it a sticky just for parts info etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all I don't know if anyone can help, I have just tried to install kenwood dmx8019dabs but on the wiring harness I got it only has 1 female port, but the juke has 2, it would not power up, I have searched to see if its the correct harness but that's the one everyone sells!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts