Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Juke. Three months ago the ac stopped cooling. Brought it to a local mechanic and was told I needed a new Ac.
Had them install a new Ac - it cost me $800.00
This is morning I took it back to the mechanic. It took three hours to tell me that it is an evaporator leak and it's a seven hour job because the evaporator is located behind/under the dash. The cost to replace the evaporator = $1400.00
I think I am being screwed. If, in fact, it is the evaporator, it may have been the evaporator from the start. Meaning, I may not have needed a new Ac unit.
Has anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
324 Posts
......not me:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 nismo. Got a hissing sound last summer, turns out its a $2600 job, evaporator and condenser, gotta remove the whole dash etc. Right at 60,000 miles/end of warranty.

I have a 2011 Juke. Three months ago the ac stopped cooling. Brought it to a local mechanic and was told I needed a new Ac.
Had them install a new Ac - it cost me $800.00
This is morning I took it back to the mechanic. It took three hours to tell me that it is an evaporator leak and it's a seven hour job because the evaporator is located behind/under the dash. The cost to replace the evaporator = $1400.00
I think I am being screwed. If, in fact, it is the evaporator, it may have been the evaporator from the start. Meaning, I may not have needed a new Ac unit.
Has anyone had this issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts