Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 19 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Looks Great. Juke scales so well raised and lowered.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
It is a great mod for sure. Glad you are having fun with them and they work well.

On a side note. The tires are 3" larger on the diameter. 26.375" diam vs 29.5" diam. The Juke ECU does not learn tire size. My Taurus SHO. You can input the changes into the menu and the car will adapt.

The speed and mpg differences you see are from this tire change. Its about a 10% change. Right where your MPG is and your MPH are.

Its all good. Not complaining. Just clearing some things up so if anyone else wants to do this they know ahead of time what they will lose/gain.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...65-17X7ET45&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
You got me there. I was thinking the wrong way. MPG loss might be a result of driving style and rotational mass/diameter increase.

But with what you just stated. 12% of 60mph means you are doing 67mph. 1.12x60=67.2 The Juke dos not relearn tire diameters. Your true speed will be off. There is a big difference between a used/bald tire and tires that are 3" bigger in diameter.

Click on that link. Specs dont lie.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
As long as you know what speed you are going now. Its all good.

Heavier unsprung weight at each corner of the Juke prolly made her seem more planted at speed as well as the larger rolling diameter keeping you in a straight line. These two things might have offset the amount of air getting under and potentially making the Juke feel more unstable.

She works. Looks good and you have set the bar for others to follow.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
It's fun seeing your Juke take shape so quickly Jaxxa. I absolutely love the fender flare screws and gators. I even screenshot it (the fenders- those sombitches never wanna stay put after being removed once) and sent it to my car guy so we can add it to the ever-growing list. I'm going to attempt a repaint as well, or buy some Nismo flares in my color and bolt those up.

First thing I did when I got this car was drop it, then again months later with coils. I didn't know so much went into the reverse ambition. Sounds like you did your due diligence and got some great (and not so great) customer service to help steer your decision-making. Really sweet development about the customizablebility with Silvers NEOMAX. I believe another user recently posted that they'd installed some.
Get these and Paint them Orange when you screw the fender trim to the Juke !!!

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-Collection-H603-Black/dp/B003ZOLWGE/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_8

Circle

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
That will be sick with 33's.

If you want to pop curbs. haha. Get the RS lower control arms. A lot more beefy. If you have a 6 speed or FWD CVT.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
He said it rolls great.

I thought the same thing.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
So its basically the ball joint limiting the lift so to speak ?

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Check out Keoke's control arms for sale and look at their ball joints.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
You could do the Deer/cargo carrier utilizing a hitch mount and incorporate the bike, fuel, and tire etc etc on it.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Oh man I missed the hinges in the rendering. That would be cool.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
You could always do the African thingy Landcruiser roof rack tire holder.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
I did read that method, but I didn't feel like going into the fuses to keep the fuel pump from activating. I've also rounded off too many bolts before in less strenuous circumstances to feel confident in doing that. Seems kinda sketchy.
This.......

https://youtu.be/-Dx7KyGWna0

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts

Hmm, but they went through all the trouble to swap the subframe out from an entirely different car, and didn't upgrade the suspension?
If that's the maximum droop for the front, that's pathetic, like that's probably about where my coilovers will get me, and I haven't even modified the control arms yet.
I guess Pathfinder suspension isn't really much of a step up from Juke suspension...
IKR. I saw that and was like whaaattt ?

I can handle the radiator.

Here ya go. On an SHO. LOL

Maybe you should go side exhaust.

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
That is pretty cool.

You would be surprised how many come here but never post.

Part of this forum is about pushing the Juke and thusly create a model for others to follow. You and a few others have gone the other direction than most. Up and over. ;)

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Awe that sucks it didnt go as planned. You will get there. Keep us posted.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Jeep it. Its the only way to be cheap about it.

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Oh wow cool. It looks beefy enough but I would be skeptical of what you are saying. Your Mod might be better than what it attaches to.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
I reread what I said. It didnt come out right. You are right to be skeptical of what it mounts to.

1 - 19 of 26 Posts