Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Great start. Love those tires! Can’t wait to see further what you come up with.

Still wish I could go over 28” tires without cutting the bumpers! I drove over a fountain drink in the parking lot the other day thought I may clip the straw but didn’t.

Wish I could continue on with mine but gotta build new house first...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Great job Nice work! Yea it takes a lot of math and measuring to fit big tires. Guess you can’t stay that size and go out anymore or get mud flaps without cutting the body that is...

Mud flaps pretty much did me in for rubbing but I’m not going to loose those, and it’s only on slow hard turns.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So which version/style did you go with? I extended mine from the bottom but I think you are talking about yours at the top of the shocks?

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes the stem is where you adjust dampening. So this is where I mentioned I altered or modified mine to install. Did you ever try contacting Keoke about his shock extenders? Maybe he had more luck and got the correct ones. I paid less for mine maybe half that but again not exact fit!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Definitely eager to hear the rest of this!! So hard to get anyone to offer anything to lift the Juke aside from spacers.....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congrats on the DIY decal! It probably could have been done cheaper and less time consuming but where’s the fun in that? Specific to your own Ride this way. Just like I pondered over buying those eBay headlight/gator covers that I would have had to paint anyway. Instead I did it myself and I too started with a peel coat just incase I screwed up or completely hated the result!
Also nice job on the fender trim bolts but I can’t wait to see what you actually end up with. Love the intro to your last video of your Juke transforming! Keep it up.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have your seen the rocket bunny kit for the juke? Those looks similar your flares but not exact of course. I also looked into a tire carrier but to attach to the hitch. I’m not sure the sheet metal will be strong enough to support the weight. I recently cut rear flush lights into my hatch and it’s flimsy and may distort the body with a tire mounted. Just FYI.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That must be a tight suspension with not much travel at all. Needs more gap! Wonder if they stick out any.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just think of what you could do for tires with smaller rims!! I would be all over replacements for my current ones with larger tires...

·
Registered
460 Posts
And you said you were only at 70% steering before? Omg the parking situations!

All I need to go taller is to start trimming my beautiful ground effects and go thinner tires. But not sure how bad I wanna do that :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nismos have a lot less clearance from bumper to sideskirt. Like literally 28” which mean no turning aloud. Remember mine stick out and wider means worse turning/rubbing. My next attempt will actually be more like 255/60r15 idk.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have found pictures of those size tires mounted on 10” wide rims. Not too bad but with my 295’s and the extra from mud flaps I currently rub a little at full lock front and back. One of the best results of my design I feel is the extra wide tires and I always get asked about them. So even though I would love to go taller. I’m not sure the sacrifice is worth it yet. Oh well keep pushing your limits and I can’t wait to see where it finally stops at.

Have I missed any action pics with the newest set of tires?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice!
How stiff is your suspension again? Don’t hit any big bumps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts