Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys, I have a Juke 2013 SV AWD and a problem appeared recently. A huge noise commig from the A/C clutch of the compressor (like a rock in a can) with a really strong and strange smell of burn.

I got this verified by a garage and they say that they have to change almost the whole A/C system :
  • the Compressor
  • the Condenser ( because there might have some little pieces of the clutch that could have gone throught the a/c system and it could damage the new compressor)
that would cost 1500$

My A/C was working fine, except it's a bit less cold than last year. It was still working even when the loud noise started.

My question is : Is it necessary to replace the Condenser, and is it true that some particle of the clutch could have gone into it, and could, afterward, damage the new Compressor? or is it ******** to make more money from customers ?

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
I am not aware of that being able to happen but to have it all new or replaced is not a bad thing to have done.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
The clutch is the pulley end of the compressor. Usually you can change the clutch and leave compressor connected.

If the compressor is rattling, it may have broke apart inside.

If I change out a compressor, I usually change the dryer but not the condenser. I just blow that out with A/C solvent cleaner.
They were listed separately so the clutch should be serviceable separately.

46F5EC39-733C-4495-9045-F2D30C5D524C.png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts