Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Nismo Juke 6MT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy yall,

ive been noticing 4th gear sticking, it might be because of the trans fluid i used (royal purple) anywho, its not really important.

4th gear blew up on me during a pull to merge on the freeway, i dont have any money to fix it, could i pull the trans out, take out the 4th gear bits and drive around with a 4th gear delete until i get the money to replace the trans or wrap it around a lightpost, whatever comes first i guess.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Howdy yall,

ive been noticing 4th gear sticking, it might be because of the trans fluid i used (royal purple) anywho, its not really important.

4th gear blew up on me during a pull to merge on the freeway, i dont have any money to fix it, could i pull the trans out, take out the 4th gear bits and drive around with a 4th gear delete until i get the money to replace the trans or wrap it around a lightpost, whatever comes first i guess.
"wrap it around a lightpost" Dude I laughed hard when I got to that because that's exactly the thought I had with my own car many times.

Anyways bro, that f'kin blows man I'm sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
2013 Nismo Juke 6MT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"wrap it around a lightpost" Dude I laughed hard when I got to that because that's exactly the thought I had with my own car many times.

Anyways bro, that f'kin blows man I'm sorry to hear this.
lmao thats where my heart is rn haha, im probably gonna pull the trans, crack it open and scoop out the bluetooth gears

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Theres no way to buy internals for those transmissions. Nissan will not sell them. Trust me i have tried. You will either need to buy a new trans $$$$ or find a used one. Which could end up have similar issues. I have three usable transmissions here (sub rs), but they all have weak third gear syncros. Id be more than happy to pull the gear sets out one and ship it down to you at the cost of shipping if you want to try a repair yourself.

·
Registered
2013 Nismo Juke 6MT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Theres no way to buy internals for those transmissions. Nissan will not sell them. Trust me i have tried. You will either need to buy a new trans $$$$ or find a used one. Which could end up have similar issues. I have three usable transmissions here (sub rs), but they all have weak third gear syncros. Id be more than happy to pull the gear sets out one and ship it down to you at the cost of shipping if you want to try a repair yourself.
at this point i really dont have much to lose, however i’ve never done anything transmission internally, i’ve only ever replaced whole parts. i’m afraid every single gear in my current trans may be fubar.

i wonder if i crack it open i can just scoop out all the shrapnel and run it without 4th, but me and you can talk numbers in dm about the internals if youd shoot me a dm

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
If the gear itself is broken, you cannot run the transmission, even if you get rid of the debris. The shaft will be out of balance and will obliterate the bearings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts