Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
If I try to do anything more than a second of spinning roll out the pedal goes dead. If I do it multiple times the car goes into limp mode. Its done this since new, and is why I've never stuck a drag radial on the car or taken it to the drag track. My car was e-tuned by Drunkmann and I've made some minor adjustments over time, but it's always had obnoxiously obtrusive traction control whether I turn it off with the button or not. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I try to do anything more than a second of spinning roll out the pedal goes dead. If I do it multiple times the car goes into limp mode. Its done this since new, and is why I've never stuck a drag radial on the car or taken it to the drag track. My car was e-tuned by Drunkmann and I've made some minor adjustments over time, but it's always had obnoxiously obtrusive traction control whether I turn it off with the button or not. What am I missing here?
WOW, that's crazy... my car NEVER did like that.. There's GOT to be something more happening. That doesn't make sense. You sure it's not some sort of really really REALLY small vacuum leak that only rears it's ugly head under heavy boost?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Like I said, it's done that since day one. No issues on datalogs. No boost leaks. When the tires spin for more than a couple seconds it shuts the throttle pedal input down and won't let it come back for a few seconds. I attempted to tweak the tune with a pro tuner present on a dynojet but it was a nightmare. I'm pretty sure Matt has said you have a have a 4 wheel Dyno to tune the Juke properly and we had a two wheel Dyno. It was a waste of 8hrs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like I said, it's done that since day one. No issues on datalogs. No boost leaks. When the tires spin for more than a couple seconds it shuts the throttle pedal input down and won't let it come back for a few seconds. I attempted to tweak the tune with a pro tuner present on a dynojet but it was a nightmare. I'm pretty sure Matt has said you have a have a 4 wheel Dyno to tune the Juke properly and we had a two wheel Dyno. It was a waste of 8hrs.
dang... well truthfully, it's never a waste, because SOMETHING new HAD to be learned! (that's just my spin on things when they suck) lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
This car has been an exercise in aggravation since day one so it's just another speed bump to me. Lack of support and limited options kept me from going very far with it for years. 2J hosed me on my e-tune from the get go (never responded to requests for a year to send me a tune to start datalogging) which led me to upgrading UpRev to tuning suite and learning a lot on my own, then having Drunkmann give me a base to add on to as I learned.

The traction control thing has been a thorn in my ass since the first week of ownership. Went to do a celebratory burnout and after a couple seconds the throttle pedal didn't equal horsepower. I turned traction control off and it made no difference. The car does the same thing if I push the gas too hard when it's raining and it starts to spin under boost. I can't tell you how many times I've sat in the side of the road for 90 seconds or so waiting on it to come out of limp mode. No check engine light or any indication when it occurs other than the traction control light flashing for a split second then shutdown.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Administrator
12,806 Posts
More than likely. I got a ton of questions answered really quickly and signs point to big turbo.
Have you tried pushing and holding the traction control button for 10 seconds ?

I just got a 16G big turbo. Hit me up if you have any customer sided ones.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have not tried that. I will though. I'm headed to somewhere tomorrow I can be on dirt and grass for a few hours with no worries so I'm going to play with a lot of settings and see how some of what he mentioned works out for me.

·
Administrator
12,806 Posts
Pressing and holding does something. It helped me sometimes.

·
Vendor
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just needed a different boost curve. super fast spool rates are no bueno for racing.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts