Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, would anyone know if there is a fuse for the 2WD/AWD-V/AWD system? My car took on a little water when my garage flooded, it got into the cabin. Since then, the AWD indicator is lit on my dash, and flipping the switch does nothing. If there is a fuse, it's location would also prove very helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Binzer

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Thats not good. The AWD stability control module is under the passenger seat. Chances are its wet. Might want to get a fan and dry that area out. Under the seat under the carpet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well crap, I was hoping maybe a fuse had blown and it went to AWD by default. The car has been drying for a week now, I even pulled the drain plugs from the belly pan. I guess a trip to the dealer is on my agenda. Ah well... thanks for the input.

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Its easy to take the seat out. 4 bolts and maybe a wiring harness. Then pull up the carpet so a fan can dry it more effectively. Water can only dry so fast. The dealer wont have any luck til its all dry.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Make sure you disconnect the battery negative and pump the brakes to fully discharge the system. Otherwise, if you turn the vehicle on while the passenger airbag harness is disconnected you might run into some issues. Always safest to disconnect the battery when messing with anything electrical... unless you are 100% sure it is unnecessary.

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Good points.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. As it is, the car is running and seems to be operating normally, except for the AWD indicator light, oh and my "Auto-Up" on my driver's window isn't working either. I don't know if the car is in all wheel drive, but I think I'll be okay with it 'til I get to the dealer for service. I'll need them to replace the floorpan drain plugs as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
what color is the AWD indicator light? green or orange/yellow? also if you recently disconnected the battery, that's why the auto-up on the driver's window stopped working. roll it all the way down, then roll it all the way up and keep holding the button for 5-1o seconds in the full up position. It resets the window auto-up function.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what color is the AWD indicator light? green or orange/yellow? also if you recently disconnected the battery, that's why the auto-up on the driver's window stopped working. roll it all the way down, then roll it all the way up and keep holding the button for 5-1o seconds in the full up position. It resets the window auto-up function.
The AWD indicator is orange. And thanks for the input on the window. I did disconnect the battery in hopes that it would reset the AWD system. I used your advice and my window is back to normal operation. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Since it is driving better. It might be worth getting a code reader, have an autoparts store read it, or taking it to the dealer and have them read it. Other wise we are guessing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since it is driving better. It might be worth getting a code reader, have an autoparts store read it, or taking it to the dealer and have them read it. Other wise we are guessing.
Thanks. I have a code reader, and it's not showing any codes. I'll be taking it in for service soon, as I said, I'll need my drain plugs replaced for one. I'll have them check it to see what else is wrong. Again, thanks all for the input. When it's squared away, I'll post an update.

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can disconnect the diff itself under the car and leave the car in fwd mode. It won’t do any damage in the long run from my experience. Also it won’t throw any codes, other than lighting up orange on your dash.

My rear diff is currently disconnected.

To clairfy** this doesn’t exactly help you, but I recommend disconnecting everything to prevent damaging the rear assembly. They are not cheap, particularly the electronic couplers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts