Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2J went ahead and did a big turbo build on a stock block. That is a lot of power on the stock systems.

Interesting build and of course you can pick apart any build. Lots of pros and cons. But here is the build copied off of Facebook and Instagram.

+435whp / Stock Engine +95 Deg Heat
Garrett G25-660 Turbo - 27psi 93 Octane + Boostane and Meth Injection
We made an adapter plate that bolts to the stock turbo manifold, that will fit a T25 Frame / or Vband, matted it to a G25-660 Garrett and with a few bolt ons, made 441whp at 27psi. Video is on our Instagram Page. As far as we know, its the highest HP stock block Juke. The plenum, cams, fuel system, entire engine is STOCK. The power holds amazingly well up top, with no drop off in power. The OEM washer resv was repurposed to hold the Snow Performance Meth Kit.

Mods:
2JR FMIC / Hard Pipe Kit
2JR 3" Intake with UpRev GT MAF
2JR 3" Downpipe with Side Exit Exhaust
2JR UpRev Tuned
2JR Twin Catch Can Kit
Snow Meth Kit
Garrett G Series 660 Turbo / 72 AR with Internal WG
Clutchmasters Stage IV Clutch / Flywheel
93 Octane / Boostane
GFB Electronic Boost Controller

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Interesting stuff.

That 437 w.h.p. @ 27 psi is a solid number. IMHO what is limiting the Juke is the 25.9mm exhaust valves and exhaust ports which are absolutely tiny, requiring mega-boost to push any big numbers. Unfortunately there is zero room to add bigger exhaust valves unless someone can pull a cylinder head off another vehicle and make that work. The stock exhaust manifold makes sense as it's a decent design with an internal runner I.D. of about 1.420" or close to a 1.25" Sch10 stainless weld el so looks like the stocker isn't holding up power to badly. In fact probably is helping to boost the bottom end torque unlike a big runner turbo header.

Hitting 200 lb-ft @ 3900 rpms isn't too shabby and the power band above 400 w.h.p. is almost 1750 rpm wide. Very nice. Personally I think the stock block thing is just silly though. They sell the forged parts for full bottom end upgrade to do it right. I think this is meant to illustrate how to do this on a budget or something like that but man this would be a very risky setup with +350 lb-ft @ wheels. The Garrett G25 frame turbos are proving themselves and the 0.72 AR turbine is a good match for spool & top-end from the dyno pull.

None of these "aux" fuel systems I'm a personal fan although they seem to be working. I'd rather run an AEM Infinity standalone ECU with (4) aux fuel injectors in a cylinder head port adapter plate to avoid fuel imbalance problems. Meth injection is interesting but risky if the pump has issues and nowhere near reliable as a dedicated fuel pump.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem I have with is he says nothing about the build cept for here it is. Then later down in Facebook. He says I would not recommend this power level cause things will fail.

Yeah an no Aux fuel for me. Yuck

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
That's how 2J seems to work. I believe the numbers since the last car if not this very one ran 385 whp @ 22 psi, so 438 whp @ 27 psi is right in-line with what I'd expect them to hit if they cranked up the boost. Seems reasonable, it not completely insanely crazy to push 350 lb-ft thru the tiny Juke rods. I'm thinking they had to pull the ignition timing to do it so most definitely there were some tricks in the tune. Here I think the failure will happen and then a very expensive rebuild. So although impressive it just makes sense to build a forged bottom end and do things right. It's odd because I bought all of my forged engine parts from 2J......you'd think they'd use their own parts in their own builds. Weird.

The Meth injection is the aux fuel & the knock suppressant. This is kinda dangerous as if the Meth pump hickups the engine is completely toast. I looked seriously into the Snow Meth setup for my X and most Mitsu guys got away from them due to reliability issues, leaking & hydrolocked motors, and just went E85 instead. Here it looks like 2J are seriously counting on the Meth to act like an additional TB fuel injector and there ain't no way I'm running a lean fuel map in the midrange/overlap and hoping the Meth pump doesn't fail or hickup. Can be done but I'd rather add a 5th fuel injector or (4) aux injectors in the intake manifold runners instead.

Interesting anyway.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MRDDT is a much more flexible motor than we thought. Stronger for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts