Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Juke! because of 2J Racing.

The original tune/upgrade occurred in the middle of October, 2018. I have not posted on here for a year because of the many problems with my 2J experience. I was giving the benefit of the doubt, trying to be fair. But one day I was backing my Juke! out of my garage, heard some very strange rattle, and thought "What's next?" And then I noticed, this is not the way quality work should be. And I've worked with this clown for over a year trying to get these issues resolved. Eject.

Misinstalled exhaust parts, missing exhaust parts, lies about the exhaust parts, misinstalled coilovers (causing a towing experience), tune errors, lies about the tune errors ... and that is not the entire list. The biggest thing -- other than the repeated encounters with bad installation abilities -- was the complete lack of customer service. I call, no answer, or he's not there. I send emails, no responses. I eventually get him, he assures me "I will get right on it, we will fix this!"; he will call me back and -- crickets. This went on for over 9 months. No support to fix the problems he created in my car. Nothing. And he said he was a Marine - ha!

I'm on to a different platform now, which could eventually have more zoom.
But sometimes I miss the CVT. Sometimes I miss my Juke! - like when I see one on the road. It's a neat, quirky, peppy little car.

But the car was destroyed by 2J Racing.
So I traded it.

Registered
Sorry to see ya go but definitely happy you was able to move on! 馃槑

Super Moderator
Thank you ... that is very kind.
This was always such a great board.
The board for my new platform is not nearly as quick and frequent to respond.

Thanks again.
That is too bad. I am glad you are happy with your new platform.

He did so much for the community developing parts. Now this is happening more and more. Sad.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That is too bad. I am glad you are happy with your new platform.

He did so much for the community developing parts. Now this is happening more and more. Sad.
Thank you for your regards, and your generous help in the past.

I heard some interesting historical details from a certain source that revs things up, so your small addition about "more and more" was oddly comforting to me. Thanks for that. He has a great facility. The work itself was comically bad -- if one could ever bring oneself to laugh at it. I couldn't.

I remember posts on here about 18 months ago asking about "what's the next platform for tuning", with some holding their nose and mentioning Ford. I'm glad I found something to grow with. I've already tired it up and am very happy with the results. Better than I expected, and that doesn't happen to often. This time I don't think I'm going to do any exhaust or chassis mods. (Although, I must say, sadly, that my Juke looked so great raised 1.5".) Maybe a cold air intake, and then just the ECU reprogramming. How is your Juke doing?

Thanks again.

Registered
Very sad what happened to your Juke man, gives me flashbacks with mine.

What is strange is your experience with 2J is what I had with my original local shop and 2J completely fixed my car and Joe went above and beyond with it. The more I've read over the past year though seems like I was almost a marketing "ploy" by 2J. Joe knew the story of my car and the stakes so to speak. He knew that I would be telling everyone how good my 2J experience went so it kind of makes sense my car was done properly?

The Juke is a great little hot hatch with unexpectedly good handling characteristics. It really drives like a sporty hot hatch. Sad that the CVT and is such a dog though and no AWD manual option.

Good luck man

Registered
So what did you get to replace the Juke? You mentioned Ford so maybe Fiesta ST?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Very sad what happened to your Juke man, gives me flashbacks with mine.

What is strange is your experience with 2J is what I had with my original local shop and 2J completely fixed my car and Joe went above and beyond with it. The more I've read over the past year though seems like I was almost a marketing "ploy" by 2J. Joe knew the story of my car and the stakes so to speak. He knew that I would be telling everyone how good my 2J experience went so it kind of makes sense my car was done properly?

The Juke is a great little hot hatch with unexpectedly good handling characteristics. It really drives like a sporty hot hatch. Sad that the CVT and is such a dog though and no AWD manual option.

Good luck man
Again, this board is such a great place.

The mistakes he made were so fundamental, and then he lied about them - both before and after they happened. Businesses are so hard to grow, why would he consciously destroy his own? Very odd.

But thanks for your condolences. Yes, another factor in the switch - not the prime factor, but something that helped push me to trade the car - were all the stories here and online about the CVT and its short lifespan. I won't rant about that. It would't say anything new. But it is too bad. The CVT has some sweet qualities. Too bad they couldn't make it more robust.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and posting.

Best wishes.

Registered
Quixote,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Joe should have stood by his work, not sure about his explanation. Having said that, I've spoken with him the few times and he seemed helpful. Seemed to be busy the last few times I tried getting a hold of him, but otherwise I got my order relatively close to when they promised (i.e. FMIC purchase). His products are pretty nice actually and not readily available by anyone else, it would be a terrible shame if 2J stopped offering Juke parts due to something like this happening more often, but that's up to him I suppose.

From what I can gather, it sounds like you decided to modify the vehicle. Typically, vehicle modification degrades reliability whether it be product design flaw or poor installation practices. So, although Joe appears to be at fault, so is the owner of the vehicle for embarking on aftermarket modifications. It sounds like you were ready to move on anyway.

No tuning shop, nobody is going to pry my vehicle from my ownership until I decide it's time.....no one. Everyone has a different threshold limit for what they can endure in terms of vehicle reliability issues, that's perfectly fine. If a shop screws me, I take it home and do the job myself. I'm getting to the point of just wanting a sorted car from the factory.......thus I bought my EVO X......then like an idiot I started modifying it anyway. The Juke I probably should have left alone, half the vehicle is sitting in my kitchen being rebuilt/upgraded. When the transmission imploded headed to work one morning, I rolled up my sleeves and pushed it down the highway myself and flatbedded back to my house......had a couple of beers and then started planning it's comeback. This is probably the 6th transmission I destroyed and 1 engine between (4) vehicles. That's how she goes in the modding world. Can't blame any shop on that one, it was all me, so much for modifying a CVT Juke. I've had some terrible shops and bad dealerships along the way. I've had bad tuners as well, and I tune my own rides whenever possible.

My advice is find a good quality shop that has well engineered products......and just do the installs yourself. None of what you described is beyond a basic DYI install anyway.

Good luck on your new ride.

Registered
Well spoken Gene.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you where I think I'm going to take a step back from modded vehicles in general. Just get something with power from the factory and do very light modding, I.E. change muffler or something and call it a day. Once you start messing with the car, the car starts messing with you. Don't care what platform it is.

One thing I haven't spoken about here is the Juke's inadequacy not only with the CVT but also the bushings. My car absolute chomped through 4 of the front control arm bushings in a laughable amount of miles. Obviously this isn't a super expensive thing but it's still one of those things that just wasn't meant to be dealing with that much power/lowered suspension. You start finding all these little things in the car. Another example is the AWD Juke is not designed for an increased exhaust diameter. There is no tunnel for the exhaust so it just sits under the car. If you're lowered it's impossible to not bottom the exhaust out even if you're a master at avoiding things. Downpipe to midpipe exhaust bolts break often. I've had to have that repaired like 4 times from bottoming out the exhaust. It's just all these little things, not trying to discourage anyone though.

Had wonderful times in my car boosting on Nismo 370Z's and all sorts of other cars a Juke has no business being faster than. You just have to ask yourself, are the mods/headaches worth it at the end of the day?

Registered
I sold my Juke! because of 2J Racing.

The original tune/upgrade occurred in the middle of October, 2018. I have not posted on here for a year because of the many problems with my 2J experience. I was giving the benefit of the doubt, trying to be fair. But one day I was backing my Juke! out of my garage, heard some very strange rattle, and thought "What's next?" And then I noticed, this is not the way quality work should be. And I've worked with this clown for over a year trying to get these issues resolved. Eject.

Misinstalled exhaust parts, missing exhaust parts, lies about the exhaust parts, misinstalled coilovers (causing a towing experience), tune errors, lies about the tune errors ... and that is not the entire list. The biggest thing -- other than the repeated encounters with bad installation abilities -- was the complete lack of customer service. I call, no answer, or he's not there. I send emails, no responses. I eventually get him, he assures me "I will get right on it, we will fix this!"; he will call me back and -- crickets. This went on for over 9 months. No support to fix the problems he created in my car. Nothing. And he said he was a Marine - ha!

I'm on to a different platform now, which could eventually have more zoom.
But sometimes I miss the CVT. Sometimes I miss my Juke! - like when I see one on the road. It's a neat, quirky, peppy little car.

But the car was destroyed by 2J Racing.
So I traded it.
I'm having the same experience. I think I'm right behind you on a new whip...

Premium Member
Damn guys sorry to hear that. I think Joe is trying to do too many things and none of them are getting whole-assed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Multiple installation issue from a shop that, as experts, should have none of them.
None.

Then zero actual support. Random words when you can get a hold of the person who shall remain nameless, but zero followup, zero improvement to the vehicle his flawed processes damaged. If this sounds familiar, you are not imagining it.

Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
( ... deleted stuff ... )

... I think I'm going to take a step back from modded vehicles in general. Just get something with power from the factory and do very light modding, I.E. change muffler or something and call it a day. Once you start messing with the car, the car starts messing with you. Don't care what platform it is.

( ... deleted stuff ... )
Minimal. That's how I'm going on my new platform. A software tune. Perhaps a cold air intake. Maybe simple spacers to raise the car one inch. Nothing else. You can only know if you have a good garage after the fact. If it is good, you can never really know that. And if it is bad, it is too late.

It's a drug. When I first started thinking about upgrading my Juke, it was via the exposure to UpRev: "Oh, a software upgrade, that's safe." But then ... But now I know. There is a risk in every parts swap. You line them up and assign probabilities and the chances start turning against you.

Good luck.

Registered
I am surprised to see 2J becoming a mess. They have been around quite a while, as I used to deal with tem back when I had my B15. I wonder how the Sentra community is reacting to this?

Super Moderator
I am surprised to see 2J becoming a mess. They have been around quite a while, as I used to deal with tem back when I had my B15. I wonder how the Sentra community is reacting to this?
Hey there. You are still with the Juke ?

As far as the B15's. I am sure he has all his boxes checked and will deny any wrong doing. I am just glad it didnt happen to me. Sucks that it happened to anyone in the first place.

Registered
Hey there. You are still with the Juke ?

As far as the B15's. I am sure he has all his boxes checked and will deny any wrong doing. I am just glad it didnt happen to me. Sucks that it happened to anyone in the first place.
Yea I still have my Juke. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it despite having a family now. Also have an 87 Z31.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts