Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So finally had a decent weekend (it's been like monsoon season out here gar) to install my 2J IC hardpipes. Now that it's all done I can move on to possibly my FMIC install (was waiting for his pipes before committing myself). Oh, as you can see I love my simple white/black look if you've seen pics of my car before :D
white1.jpg

Yes, that's a GFB diverter valve on my Gen2 :D
Yes those are one off 2J gloss white powder coated IC pipes and hand painted 2J SRI
white2.jpg

Yes that is my gloss white Mishi compact catch can to the upper right (only did intake side so far as I'm finding it hard to mount the left in a good spot but with the amount of oil/sludge that was in the factory IC pipe I had to mount this one at least).
Yes that is also a white silicone pipe to throttle body fitting. Only one I used a gear clamp on as opposed to a t-bolt as I didn't like the clearances with the t-bolt.
yummy1.jpg

Yes that is some Juke sexiness. Waiting for new rims/rubber after the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Looking good in there Sludge! Really dig the white. Looks like a damn apple store under your hood. iJuke- $78,699.99*

*Steering dongle and turbo adapter sold separately.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Looks good sludge. now you need either a white or black filter, a white battery (and maybe white battery terminal cover), white upper radiator hose, and powder coat your stock engine mount and engine mount bracket white.

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good sludge. now you need either a white or black filter, a white battery (and maybe white battery terminal cover), white upper radiator hose, and powder coat your stock engine mount and engine mount bracket white.
Funny, but my 'semi solid motor mount' was done white and I quickly had to remove it ie: horrible vibration. I thought about the white filter but then with dirt/debri it wouldn't be white very long. Black yes. I will probably be doing the rad hoses it's more a matter of available time than desire.
edit: I should at least paint the gear clamp on the pipe fitting. And I would looooooooooove to change all the hoses to white... ??

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I would say you car is racist but I see that you have black tires so it's fine I gues! ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I know you would have mention it but any fitment issues with the hard pipes? I been eyeballing them for a little bit now.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to be bendy and ingenious to install all the fittings (takes a bit of thought about orientation of the clamps etc), only 'close' fitting bit is the 90 on the cold side will rub the intake if you don't position the tab to be bolted pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Bendy and ingenious. Just how Sludge's wife likes him.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
EDIT- Thanks for the correction squirt, I always assumed that was an all-years-all-models useless part.

I think the 2J pipes come with risers to accommodate the engine cover. I always just assumed it was like that plastic film that comes on a new phone or microwave. So mine went in the trash lol but I like these fun painted ones. I'm also not tryna maintain a nice, bright orange finish on anything in my engine bay.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
gen2 is different from gen1. Gen2 the motor cover mounts are on top of the engine, not attached to the pipes.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gen2 is different from gen1. Gen2 the motor cover mounts are on top of the engine, not attached to the pipes.
2 are attached to the pipes. One to the charge pipe and one on the cold side. 2J gives little brackets to bolt up and use your existing grommets. Cover sits slightly higher due to the round not squished pipes from factory

Reactions: squirtbrnr

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
thank you for the clarification @slumberbunny I had seen a couple photos before and had assumed they were part of the factory engine and not a bracket 2J provides.

·
Super Moderator
10,727 Posts
So finally had a decent weekend (it's been like monsoon season out here gar) to install my 2J IC hardpipes. Now that it's all done I can move on to possibly my FMIC install (was waiting for his pipes before committing myself). Oh, as you can see I love my simple white/black look if you've seen pics of my car before :D
View attachment 186609
Yes, that's a GFB diverter valve on my Gen2 :D
Yes those are one off 2J gloss white powder coated IC pipes and hand painted 2J SRI
View attachment 186610
Yes that is my gloss white Mishi compact catch can to the upper right (only did intake side so far as I'm finding it hard to mount the left in a good spot but with the amount of oil/sludge that was in the factory IC pipe I had to mount this one at least).
Yes that is also a white silicone pipe to throttle body fitting. Only one I used a gear clamp on as opposed to a t-bolt as I didn't like the clearances with the t-bolt.
View attachment 186611
Yes that is some Juke sexiness. Waiting for new rims/rubber after the winter.

You need to paint the Radiator support white. That Grey is killing the look.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You need to paint the Radiator support white. That Grey is killing the look.

View attachment 186629
I know right? That's my this weekend plan. I've also scraped off all the greyish goo stuff from on top of the strut mounts and areas (it's white underthere). I even painted the raised 'droplets' on the wiper filler cap :D I got bored and it was easy.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Juke 1.6L DIGT AWD
15 Posts
Hi bunny!l love the set up!!
I was thinking of buying the GFB DV+ or the GFB respons tms BOV, do you know if the BOV will fit the gen2 motors? The positioning of the valve on gen2 motors are different compared to gen1, just worried about clearance issues!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi bunny!l love the set up!!
I was thinking of buying the GFB DV+ or the GFB respons tms BOV, do you know if the BOV will fit the gen2 motors? The positioning of the valve on gen2 motors are different compared to gen1, just worried about clearance issues!
Don't do a BOV on Gen2. The air in/out is so carefully calculated that blowing to atmosphere makes the computer do weird things. Stick with the DV+ still get a much better sound over stock (psssssh).

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Juke 1.6L DIGT AWD
15 Posts
Don't do a BOV on Gen2. The air in/out is so carefully calculated that blowing to atmosphere makes the computer do weird things. Stick with the DV+ still get a much better sound over stock (psssssh).
Bought the DV+! I just thought it didn't add any sound over stock but you just confirmed it did :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts