Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
::facedesk::

C'mon. Soooo noob followed my instructions (although he won't admit it) and now he doesn't have problems, meanwhile Mac wants to insist that a redesigned downpipe implies fault... the fault is not the product, the fault is the consumer not understanding that poor modifications cause poor results. And also the product. And also me for repeating myself. Oh, and global warming. But mostly NOT HAVING A FLEX PIPE.
When you visit the site and purchase the old pipe. It clearly did not say you need a flex pipe for this to be trouble free. Same as his big turbo setup. It says nothing about needing an upgraded clutch or you are going to have issues. They will gladly take your money and sell you mod parts for you cars. Not everyone has all the knowledge to understand what a DP install needs. They are the experts and should write a few extra sentences in the write up is all.

Talking quality. My DP is rusting away through the ceramic coat. It has never seen any road salt and 99.9% of the time properly run to full operating temp. When I showed Joe the pics. He said that was not rust.......

Anyway.......

·
Registered
451 Posts
A flex section is always needed, plus we removed the spring bolts. What else would you expect?

·
Registered
587 Posts
@Macgyver On the flip side Mac, my downpipe has driven in Utah salt and grime for 3 years now and looks brand new if I took it off my car.

Maybe you got unlucky with some bad metal or something with the downpipe he made you? I'm not saying you're BSing or whatever cause I believe you, nor am I a 2J fanboy. Just telling my side.

Have had 0 issue with 2J quality.

Edit: Also just realized it looks like everyone having issues with the downpipe have the FWD version it seems?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
CVT has much less engine motion vs manuals that shift and rock back and forth.

That's the accepted theory, at least.

Stiffer motor mounts can help as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
A flex section is always needed, plus we removed the spring bolts. What else would you expect?
Not everyone knows this.

I have the Spring bolts in with the OEM donut. Having Manny mounts since tuning and DP install I am sure helps with not breaking it yet.

As I have said before. I dont mind when partsgo bad but when the guy out right calls me a liar and says that is not rust. That I have a problem with.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That is why I bought mine raw and had it Jet-Hotted. Only one caveat to the life time warranty on coatings. Jet-Hot masks of the flex coupler to absolve any liability for cracked flex couplings. They also assured me the Jet-Hot process would damage the coupler.

Aside from that, I'm also welding in a flex coupler to the 2J race pipe just in case, aka another precautionary measure.

I will post pictures of the finished product here when i get it back.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
When I showed Joe the pics. He said that was not rust.......
You clearly sat there with an airbrush and painted freckles on your downpipe you weirdo.

:sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
For the record, I absolutely agree with you Mac that there should be a bit more transparency about what is to be expected and/or required to install these modifications rather than all this trial-by-firey-frustration.

Unfortunately, full disclaimers rarely lead to increased sales.

Welcome to America, land of the profit, home of the greed.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Yep its all good. Thats how we learn. I will still buy a 2J DP when this one fails. We can complain bc its fun.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts