It's a Kona.

Reactions: Paz

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Doubt it will ever make it to north 'merca (crash tests etc). My 'Kona' mention is because it's what ALL manufacturers are doing now, look at the c-hr, kona, 'kicks' (yawn)etc but Nissan started it with the Juke. Weird looking little cars. However. Nissan was the ONLY one that got it right with the powerplant. I love trolling my streets and seeing some dude in a kona or kicks whatever and they look at me like I'm supposed to be an old lady... buh-bye!

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Bring it with the 1.8 turbo from the Clio RS (on the same platform)...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Calling that a Kona is an insult to a Kona.

It's an abomination. I feel dirty calling it a Juke. It should have a different name. There's a couple good things, but the bad outweigh the good.

No CVT, and modern interior tech is nice. Some will appreciate the leg room in the back, but I prefer smaller size. Cargo space seems improved. And that's about it.

The looks (inside and out) are beyond bland. The gators, grille (can the V get any bigger), tail, tail lights, no sunroof option, Is there even an exhaust pipe? Curves are tamed. Interior lost the motorcycle gas tank console, has stupid floating screen which will not stand the test of time shortly. The silly speaker in the headrest. I didn't see, but does it have wireless Carplay AND wireless Android Auto?

The engine is nothing to be proud of. I get that in UK, power isn't nearly as ideal as fuel efficiency. But there's proven tech that can balance both better these days.

No Nismo.

I've been calling 2015+ models "Gen 2" for 4 years now. Now this monstrosity wants to try and claim that name? Nope. Not in my book. A more suitable nickname will stick soon enough.

It was sad when Juke was cancelled. This is a spit on it's grave.

Classic Coke was always better.

They can keep it. Take the Kicks with you too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I do partly agreed that they took away most of the Juke pizazz, but I think its quite pretty. Yeah, it does seem to be conforming to most other car designs, but its not half bad. Now the engine on the other than, that is a pitiful piece of crap they slapped inside that car. You almost can’t call it a Juke at that point anymore. Whats worse is all the gadgets they put in it just like the rest of these newer cars that won’t make them last, but WILL make them a lot more expensive to make and repair, and therefore it will sell for more than its probably worth in sentimental value. Plus, I can’t see anyone making hardly any aftermarket parts for this thing to make it personalized. Its just another SUV among lots and lots mor SUV’s. I am truly very sad. The Brits can keep it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Agreed with most of the sentiment here in chat. It's just a standard run-of-the-mill SUV. Looks very standard and doesn't stand out at all. Also that engine choice? Lol what even is that? I could barely get up the hill to my house with that thing.

The interior does look very nice though, and that Dual Clutch Transmission...... mmmmmmm.

Now that isn't to say the Dual Clutch is automatically good. There are plenty of Dual Clutch transmission that are garbage from a reliability stand point as well. But my preliminary opinion is a little bit of excitement from that change. And of course that transmission is going to be rated for very low power to begin with because it's being strapped to a lawnmower engine.

All in all, I give it a 5/10.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup. the design choice for the outside is just OK. i like they made it more spacious, but it sucks they took away the boomerang tail lights. i also really like the huge gator lights on the top for some reason lol. it was very unique. also the fact you could color studio so many different pieces was very cool. the interior does have some cool stuff. but that sad excuse for an engine is just horrible. gladly sticking to my 2017

·
Registered
375 Posts
I mostly just like the interior, I'm not a fan of Nissan's V and they over did it in the front. Tail end isn't too bad. Needs a diesel option for motor. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really enjoyed the tail and gator lights too. I feel like those are two of the things that added some uniqueness to the Juke. The interior is pretty slick, but isn’t backed by much. If they decide to make more after 2020 I hope they bring back some of the glory. Nissan buckled to peer pressure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like a fucked up KIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and just wanted to add my two cents worth over the new Juke. I bought mine here in Townsville, Qld, Australia in Nov 2020. Thanks to covid- the delivery took about 6 - 8 extra weeks. But, I bought the Juke Ti and I love it. I previously had a mazda cx3 - akari - and the Juke has so much more to offer for a similar price range. Now, pls don't ask me about the engine or anything mechanical as that is not what made me buy the Juke (over the Toyota or Honda similar models). I bought this car for the fabulous interior and the dash functions. Love love it. On the highway or for around town, it does what I need it to do and it is great on fuel. I have found it hard learning how to lock this car as I am so use to walking away and my car locking itself, but this car does not have that function. But that is my only issue so far. I hopeeveryone else is enjoying this car as much as I am.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts