Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
11,781 Posts
According to the article it will be available in North America. Wonder if that’s true?
It would have to pass all the new crash testing. Thats one of the reason they canceled the Juke in 2017 bc the platform would not cut it and they did not want to spend the $$ on it to get it to pass by redesigning it for USA and Canada.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
It lost 'something' in the restyle. Maybe its the combo of all the little things like the gators, and the grille, etc..... It looks like someone took my Juke, castrated it, and then that's what was left over

·
Registered
313 Posts
As polarizing as it was, the reason the Juke was so popular was because of its styling. It looks like they streamlined it so much that it just looks like every other hatchback/ CUV. The gator lights and tail lights especially are what really made the Juke, and I agree with someone in the comments of the original posts-- it does look a little "VW Beetle". Funny considering that too was recently discontinued.
I honestly think I like the Kicks way better now after seeing this, at least the Kicks has some strong styling cues.

I hope it does make it to the US, I wouldn't mind seeing them around, maybe get some Gen 3 people on the forum, that would be really cool.
I wonder if the demographic of the Gen 3 would care much about the aftermarket or forum lifestyle?

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
I hate to admit it, but if something catastrophic happened to my Juke, I'd probably get a Sentra Nismo and swap the heart and soul performance-wise.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
There is a Juke Nismo for sale up the street from me. Anyone want info let me know. White and I think an earlier one but just saw it on a drive by. It's in a used car lot. Maybe I should buy it and store it for later...lol

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
The fender flare accentuation seems to have been minimized.
It also reminds me of a Fiat 500 and a VW Bug.
Yes, that's it! There is no flaring. Lost that wide body, dirt/road course look. That's what was bugging me. I think if they kept the body but did the other mods it would still have that Juke feel to it. Thanks for pointing that out

·
Registered
661 Posts
The fender flare accentuation seems to have been minimized.
It also reminds me of a Fiat 500 and a VW Bug.

...And a hint of Mini Cooper.

I'm not liking it the appearance at all.

My girlfriend is looking for a new vehicle soon. In the Juke's class or, close to it. AWD, small, foreign, similar power, unique enough looks. So far we've narrowed it down to the Kona or Subbie Impreza hatch. Maybe CH-R if they beef it up and throw AWD on it. Even if this did hit America, I doubt it would make the cut. A sad reminder of what once was, and wasted opportunity of what it could have been.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I really liked the CH-R when it first came out, the fact that it didn't have AWD was why I didn't bite, also it was cheaper to get a used Juke!
Subaru is always a solid choice, especially the aftermarket support

·
Registered
199 Posts
They went mainstream and made it look like every other crossover. No gators and NO 6SP sealed it for me. That's was always the draw for the Juke to me. Oh and does anyone else feel like the roundish headlights just don't fit with the styling anymore?

·
Administrator
11,781 Posts
I hate to admit it, but if something catastrophic happened to my Juke, I'd probably get a Sentra Nismo and swap the heart and soul performance-wise.
If I was going to go the Small SUV route. I would do the Hyundai Kona and just tune that ECU. Its got the 1.6Turbo in it.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
a video, unfortunately in French:

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
A first drive review. Looks like it shares drivetrain with the Clio (including DCT replacing CVT). Just the base 3 cylinder here. Maybe NISMO RS gets that 1.8 from the Clio RS.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
It looks lower now than the original 'leaked' press junket photos. Before the ride height looked identical to legacy Jukes and now it looks like they took some good advice and dropped it a tad. Am I crazy?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Not sure if it is lower, but it does look much wider. This makes it look less upright.

It looks like they took it up a bit in size to me more like the Capture. I drove one of those in South Africa, and it had more room inside.

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Administrator
11,781 Posts
They dont need much more room. Just a few inches longer so rear seat leg room is good and maybe raise the roof a touch. Cargo space. Who cares. Its a small SUV.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i like the matte black color, but i feel the body could do with some smoothing out. looks like it'll be a pig to wash & wax....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts