Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the CVT fluid the other day and after unlocking the CVT dipstick plastic button there was no dipstick. I used the measurement method to ensure I put the right amount in and ordered a dipstick. I did try a first generation CVT dipstick and it would not go more then 6 inches down the tube. I think my dipstick came apart and slide down the tube. Going to try a horoscope this weekend if I have a small enough tip.

Question: has anyone removed the CVT pan and seen the dipstick from below? I am thinking this could an option as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,995 Posts
None as far as I know. You measure what you get out and put the same amount back in. Cold of course.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to the parts guy and he gave me the print out. It has a dipstick on it. The tube is held by 2 bolts, but after a quick glance it seems I might be able to remove the battery, over flow bottle, and disconnect a few other items to get to the two screws. Worse case scenario is removing the radiator to remove the tube. Going to see if my borososcope goes that small when I get home first.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anther update, remove the battery, remove the overflow bottle, and take out 2 bolts from the battery tray to remove the dipstick tube.

Still no dipstick. Ran the VIN and it shows no dipstick. Service guy said it is a dump, measure, and refill.

So I took out 4.5 quarts (spilled a little as well), still felt a little shaky after putting in 5 quarts, so I put in another quart, half at first then the other half. Cars feels fine and I have 35k left on the warranty so time will tell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any updates on this? Did you refill with new fluid through the dipstick tube, or is there another access point?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Yep you got it. Just make sure you replace the same volume you drain as there isn't a level reading on the dipstick (anti-consumer much, Nissan?). I broke the clip on mine on purpose to make it easier to access later. It stays perfectly secure without it.

I do not recall for certain but the CVTz250 app may have a fluid level reading in it to double check your work. I am thinking it doesn't but not for sure.

Already figured that bit out, that’s how I realized there wasn’t a dipstick. Just wanted to make sure the tube was where you refill

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep you got it. Just make sure you replace the same volume you drain as there isn't a level reading on the dipstick (anti-consumer much, Nissan?). I broke the clip on mine on purpose to make it easier to access later. It stays perfectly secure without it.

I do not recall for certain but the CVTz250 app may have a fluid level reading in it to double check your work. I am thinking it doesn't but not for sure.
Thanks!! I haven’t used it in a while but I don’t think it does...unless there’s been an update to the app.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts