Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Never posted in these before but I need help?
I have a 2017 Nissan Juke ad it wont start. The battery in the key fob went so this has been changed, but since around this time the car won't start. The igition and electrics seem to be working fine, but when i go to start the car it just ticks, and doesn kick in.
Had a diagnostic test run on the battery and was informed this was absolutly fine, so I am thinking it could be due to the key fob going? Is there a way to reconnect this to the car? (If that is a thing).
Cant take it to a garage as it is in lockdown.

Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having trouble with your Juke.

The key fob will not lose programming if the battery goes dead. You will not need have any additional work done there.

You can always use the fob body to push the start button if you did have a dead Fob battery. That would test that piece of the circuit.

I am guessing the car battery has lost the cranking amps needed to kick the starter in. Try jumping the car and if it does start, then I would change the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having trouble with your Juke.

The key fob will not lose programming if the battery goes dead. You will not need have any additional work done there.

You can always use the fob body to push the start button if you did have a dead Fob battery. That would test that piece of the circuit.

I am guessing the car battery has lost the cranking amps needed to kick the starter in. Try jumping the car and if it does start, then I would change the battery.
Okay, thank you for this.
I have tried to jump start the car but it still wouldn't turn over. I think it could be a very flat battery? There is enough power to run the electrics, radio, wipers, windows etc but it just won't start.
Luckily haven't got to go anywhere.
Any more ideas are welcome :)

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Brake Switch.

See if your brake lights come on when you press the pedal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

Never posted in these before but I need help?
I have a 2017 Nissan Juke ad it wont start. The battery in the key fob went so this has been changed, but since around this time the car won't start. The igition and electrics seem to be working fine, but when i go to start the car it just ticks, and doesn kick in.
Had a diagnostic test run on the battery and was informed this was absolutly fine, so I am thinking it could be due to the key fob going? Is there a way to reconnect this to the car? (If that is a thing).
Cant take it to a garage as it is in lockdown.

Thank you in advance!
There is a real problem with a lot of them not starting. And Nissan cant seem to fix the problem or acknowledge that there is a problem. mine is 2013 only 42000 miles and it needs to be jumped stated all the time. And no it is not the battery or anything being left on.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You are lucky if you get 5 years from the oem battery in older jukes. They also continue to test "good" later in the battery's life, even though they are not.

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Jump starting when the battery is perfectly good means wiring. You have bad grounds or a bad positive cable. Jumping is just pushing enough to overcome what ever extra resistance is there.

As much as I hate the older batteries. My 2014 is still on the OEM. She only has 10k miles so that will help.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Recently, someone posted a similar starting & battery problem and found that the problem was the alternator plug. They unplugged it and replugged it and it was a 100% fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are lucky if you get 5 years from the oem battery in older jukes. They also continue to test "good" later in the battery's life, even though they are not.
no not orig battery. Got new 5 yr battery and had to replace i twice now. it is now in Nissan shop since wed and this is tuesday and they still dont know what is wrong with it.

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Have them wiggle the Alternator plug.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a real problem with a lot of them not starting. And Nissan cant seem to fix the problem or acknowledge that there is a problem. mine is 2013 only 42000 miles and it needs to be jumped stated all the time. And no it is not the battery or anything being left on.
Well finally got it fixed. After Nissan had it for 12 business days plus two weekends.....it was the brake button. When they replaced it they noticed that they had made changes to the design.Which tells me they knew that a problem existed in the older part. Which Nissan wont admit to. Nor would they help by reimbursing me all or some of the cost for the repair. 260.00. Even though the problem was going on while still under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts