Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2017 Juke Nismo RS with a 6 speed. I keep seeing everyone posting pictures of their engine bays and I keep seeing this Pipe with 2 bolt holes and what seems to be a BOV attached. Is it normal for mine to be missing a BOV I do not have that pipe with the 2 bolt holes to mount one or is it after market.

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
welcome to the forums. post a picture of your engine bay. all Jukes with the MR16DDT have a recirculating valve. If a Juke has a blow off valve, then someone has swapped the factory for an aftermarket. On the Nismo RS, it's the same as the gen 1 engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its fully stock one owner the last owner was an older lady who didn't even use the sport mode on it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
you have a version 2 mr16ddt. your diverter valve is fully electronic and located in the turbo compressor housing. Here is a video explaining the difference between the v1 turbo and the v2 turbo: v1 vs v2 turbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So honestly even though that valve is built into the turbo housing there really isn't anything stoping me from installing a front mount plumbing pipe installing a bov and a cold air. It would essentially be like running two bovs but my system won't freak out because I'm not messing with my built in valve.

·
Registered
780 Posts
@Mario814015 I'm curious as to why you think it's a 17 RS? RS has the Gen1 motor and the pic you posted is clearly a Gen2, regardless, search around and do NOT put a BOV on a Gen2.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
@Mario814015 I'm curious as to why you think it's a 17 RS? RS has the Gen1 motor and the pic you posted is clearly a Gen2, regardless, search around and do NOT put a BOV on a Gen2.
I'm curious too. I'm concerned the OP bought a 2017 Nismo regular with the RS badge added on.......

·
Registered
587 Posts
So honestly even though that valve is built into the turbo housing there really isn't anything stoping me from installing a front mount plumbing pipe installing a bov and a cold air. It would essentially be like running two bovs but my system won't freak out because I'm not messing with my built in valve.
you cant run 2 valves. it would create a nightmare. There are bolt in replacements for the electronic valve that either A. replace the internal guts of the oem valve with something stronger (not my personal preference) or B. Replace the oem valve with a upgraded 100% recirc or a 50/50 recirc/atmospheric valve that is mechanically operated and a resistor that makes the oem ecu think the oem valve is still working (my preferred method that ive installed on dozens of v2's with no issue.) I prefer the second one because the stiffness of the spring is fully adjustable and you get a better piston/seal design over the stock one. As stock uses a plastic on metal seal which at higher boost levels will still leak a small amount of boost and therefore make the turbo less efficient.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest i
To be honest im so confused because I pull the VIN number up on systems like Mitchell on demand and all data everything points to rs it's not badged nether and the cluster based off the rs reading I have done. Nissan is a complete different animal to me considering the fact that I'm a rotary guy this is the newest vehicle i have owned so I'm still learning about it or what it even is which is why I'm asking questions

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
To be honest i

To be honest im so confused because I pull the VIN number up on systems like Mitchell on demand and all data everything points to rs it's not badged nether and the cluster based off the rs reading I have done. Nissan is a complete different animal to me considering the fact that I'm a rotary guy this is the newest vehicle i have owned so I'm still learning about it or what it even is which is why I'm asking questions
Do you have red leather/grey alcantara Recaro racing seats?

Do they look like this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you cant run 2 valves. it would create a nightmare. There are bolt in replacements for the electronic valve that either A. replace the internal guts of the oem valve with something stronger (not my personal preference) or B. Replace the oem valve with a upgraded 100% recirc or a 50/50 recirc/atmospheric valve that is mechanically operated and a resistor that makes the oem ecu think the oem valve is still working (my preferred method that ive installed on dozens of v2's with no issue.) I prefer the second one because the stiffness of the spring is fully adjustable and you get a better piston/seal design over the stock one. As stock uses a plastic on metal seal which at higher boost levels will still leak a small amount of boost and therefore make the turbo less efficient.
Here's my next question can the computers on board be tuned or do I have to go stand alone fuel management like haltech or micro tech if I really wanted to do somthing like upgrade turbo, manifold downpipes, exhaust, etc. I'm pretty much asking if it's worth doing anything to it's paid off has 30k miles on it worth moding or daily it cause I can barely find info on these things

·
Registered
587 Posts
Here's my next question can the computers on board be tuned or do I have to go stand alone fuel management like haltech or micro tech if I really wanted to do somthing like upgrade turbo, manifold downpipes, exhaust, etc. I'm pretty much asking if it's worth doing anything to it's paid off has 30k miles on it worth moding or daily it cause I can barely find info on these things
there is no way to upgrade the turbo/manifold currently. The turbo and manifold are one piece on these. You can go big turbo but it requires a LOT of work. I sell a kit on my website, but for a v2 it is a lot of work to make it work. If you can find an ECUtek tuner near you who will tune Jukes/Sentra's you can do that. Standalone is not an option on these for a street car as everything uses an integrated can-bus system. So if you remove the oem ecu you will lose some radio/hvac/and safety function as an example. Do anything to the v2 is a pain. Installing an aftermarket downpipe requires removing the engine or unbolting it all enough to swing it forwards quite a ways.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Negative sir mine are just black with red stitching with nismo branded in the center
Ah, yes that would be a regular Nismo than. The RS always used the V1 version of the motor for all years because it produced more power, and I'm assuming, to keep it compatible with all of the already produced aftermarket accessories.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts